Mav invites RCG to dinner...will he accept?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Maverick74, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Color me clueless, what is this about ? Some posts sound like a social dinner offer and other posts sound like a fight challenge.

#41     Jul 2, 2012
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

No fight challenge. Just a bunch of traders getting together for dinner. I have never seen someone so afraid to meet someone before. I've met a lot of guys on here. I've met Baron, Joe, Nitro, RM, Surf, Pabst, the list goes on and on. I don't get what the big deal is. It's what people do in the real world. I didn't pull this out of the sky. Ron e-mailed me awhile back saying he wanted to come into the city for a drink sometime. Then we had a bet on the election where the loser has to buy the other dinner in November. I have the same bet with the Captain. I just wanted to meet him before that because, hey, it's summer in Chicago!!!! I have no idea why he is cowering under the table. I NEVER threatened him. I just got pissed that he knowingly lied about me on another thread but that was a separate deal. I just thought it would be easier if we actually met instead of the back and forth on here.

#42     Jul 2, 2012
  3. byteme

byteme

You publicly proclaim this guy is a perpetual liar and then act surprised when he doesn't respond graciously.

You're either not very bright or you deliberately started this thread to troll. Pick one.

Either way, it seems his assessment of your maturity level is spot on.

#43     Jul 2, 2012
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Just because he is a liar doesn't mean I don't want to meet him. If you think asking to meet someone for drinks or a meal is trolling then I think you are the one trolling here.

#44     Jul 2, 2012
  5. Ricter

Ricter

Why would anyone do that? These kinds of invitations are as old as the internet. Only newbs still do this.

#45     Jul 2, 2012
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

What do you mean? Are you saying you wouldn't meet me for a drink? You're in TX right Ricter? Ricter, I've asked a lot of guys here in the Chicago area to meet for drinks and it always went well. I don't understand.

#46     Jul 2, 2012
  7. Ricter

Ricter

I very occasionally come to Houston on business, but I do not live there, no.

Post your name, picture, and home address here, in public (so it's all "above board" of course), and if I'm in the area again soon maybe I'll drop by!

#47     Jul 2, 2012
  8. And social security number , mothers madien name, credit card pin number, name of first pet and a DNA sample.... ;)

#48     Jul 2, 2012
  9. Maverick74

Maverick74

Huh? Come again? I'll tell you what, next time you are in Chicago, I'll PM you my cell, full name, place of work, etc. Fair enough? We'll get that drink yes?

Ricter, I don't know what you do for a living although I think you mentioned it a few times before, but surely you do not deal with people professionally this way. Why do you people treat others differently on the internet then those they work with? What's up with that?

#49     Jul 2, 2012
  10. Brass

Brass

Really? Wouldn't you just place them on ignore by holding the menu up so you couldn't see them?

#50     Jul 2, 2012