Matt Drudge, just come out and say you want to give Tebow a blowjob, already

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jnbadger, Dec 12, 2011.

1. Maverick74

Maverick74

I don't think it's fair to say that after only two data points. And I think Tebow is getting attention because he is so polarizing. It really is quite a phenomena. And Tom Brady was getting headlines because he was dating a supermodel.

#21     Dec 12, 2011
  2. jnbadger

jnbadger

I hope the boy does well. Don't get me wrong. But media, please, wait til he kicks some ass rather than barely beating some some really BAD teams before lining up to give him hummers.

#22     Dec 12, 2011
  3. He beat the Jets which are back to blowing out their opponents.

#23     Dec 12, 2011
  4. jnbadger

jnbadger

Supermodels don't hurt.

#24     Dec 12, 2011
  5. Maverick74

Maverick74

Look, the Tebow critics said he would never play a down in the NFL. They were wrong. They said if he played, he would never win. They were wrong. They said NFL defences were too fast and too strong to let him run all over them. They were wrong. It's a great story dude. Think of him like Rudy, only 10 times bigger and 10 times stronger. LOL.

#25     Dec 12, 2011
  6. jnbadger

jnbadger

They are 8 and 5. That is good, but what do you mean by blowing out? They are barely going to make the divisional playoff round.

#26     Dec 12, 2011
  7. jnbadger

jnbadger

I think you and I are in agreement.

And speaking of barely beating teams, I will also have to concede the Packers barely beat the Giants a week ago.

I think everything you said above could have been said about Eli, as well.

I just need to settle down. It is what it is.

#27     Dec 12, 2011
  8. wartrace

wartrace

Never said anything about your choice of entertainment, just making a comment about the headline Drudge decided to run on the story. It seems to highlight the declining quality of what passes for "news" lately. I only mentioned PBS because of the contrast of what a news program should be which is someone reading the news story as opposed to what the mainstream media has become. The same goes for contrast of CNBC and the "Nightly business report" on PBS. It seems as if the ass-hats in the mainstream media have taken it upon themselves to tell people WHAT to think rather than stating factual information.

Sorry if I offended you.

#28     Dec 12, 2011
  9. The last two weeks they won 34-19 and 37-10. I already know that you are going to tell me that they beat inferior teams as that has been a constant in this thread.

Outside of the Packers, the reality of the NFL is that even the so-called great teams will struggle through parts of the season, lose games they should have won and generally not impress alot of people. On the other hand, it's worth mentioning that the Jets advanced to the AFC Championship two years in a row, so that should qualify them as a decent opponent for Tebow and the Broncos to have beaten.

Heck, the Packers went 10-6 in the Regular Season last year, didn't even win the NFC Central, but have been lights out since those final weeks of 2010. For all anybody knows, the Giants, the Saints, the Lions or any other team in the Playoff race could catch fire and win the whole thing.

#29     Dec 12, 2011
  10. Maybe I'm an anomaly, but I'm a big fan of PBS AND the NFL. Frontline produces excellent investigative pieces each and every week. The website even has a great archive of past documentaries. Independent lens, Charlie Rose, etc, etc can also be good from time to time.

#30     Dec 12, 2011