Matt Drudge, just come out and say you want to give Tebow a blowjob, already

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jnbadger, Dec 12, 2011.

1. jnbadger

jnbadger

I know. I'm not sure why I am so upset about seeing Tebow on the Drudge report. The Packers won the big game last year, so it's not like they don't have recognition.

But barely beating the vikings, and calling it a miracle? That is just a joke.

But respectfully, I obviously watch sports, and I obviously care, so I am not sure where that first sentence came from.

#11     Dec 12, 2011
  2. Maverick74

Maverick74

You have to admit, 6 4th QTR comebacks in 8 weeks is amazing. To be honest dude, I don't think the Packers could do that. Not saying the Packers aren't 10 times better then the Broncos, I'm saying it's a very difficult feat. It's not about being better then the other team, it's about performing flawlessly in a short period of time under an immense amount of pressure. To do that once or twice, no big deal. But 6 times in 8 weeks? It's unheard of.

#12     Dec 12, 2011
  3. The Lions barely beat the Vikings yesterday. What more proof do you need that most games in the NFL come down to the final possession? As Maverick stated, the Redskins were in the game with the Patriots until the very end as well. That is the norm in the NFL, the Packers are having a once in a generation type of season. It's a stastitical outlier obviously as there are only two teams in NFL history with undefeated regular seasons.

#13     Dec 12, 2011
  4. Maverick74

Maverick74

Just the 72 Dolphins. And they only had a 14 game season back then. A few teams have gone 15-1.

#14     Dec 12, 2011
  5. The 2007 Patriots.

#15     Dec 12, 2011
  6. Maverick74

Maverick74

Shit, you're right. I totally forgot about that. Damn.

#16     Dec 12, 2011
  7. It's interesting...because it's almost forgettable simply because they lost that close game to the Giants in the SuperBowl. Alot of pundits felt that the regular season achievement would be largely forgotten if they didn't win it all.

#17     Dec 12, 2011
  8. Maverick74

Maverick74

Right, so I guess Miami is still the only team to have a completely perfect season. Yeah, that's why I forgot about it because I remember them losing to the Giants that year. Which just goes to show you, at the end of the day, it's about the W. Tebow's stats are ugly as hell, but the W's look awfully nice.

#18     Dec 12, 2011
  9. jnbadger

jnbadger

It is. And I am actually cheering for the guy on a weekly basis. (unless he plays the pack in the playoffs, of course)

And I understand your point. I remember watching the world series as a kid, and not having any clue who to cheer for because my team wasn't in it. But I just wanted a close game.

It's good to vent like this.

#19     Dec 12, 2011
  10. jnbadger

jnbadger

Yes, it is a statistical fact that most games are close. And it is also a statistical fact that the public doesn't give a crap about blowouts.

But doesn't it also make sense that a team which barely beats a truly shitty team should not be given any credibility at all.

My point for this thread was simply this: Drudge has an obvious bias toward the AFC. Is it fair? I don't really care. But he started putting Brady as his main headline when he was 10-0.

#20     Dec 12, 2011