Matrox special offer to Elite Trader members genuine?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by rgthomas, Jun 25, 2006.

1. rgthomas

rgthomas

Has anyone been able to use this offer?

A banner ad on this site led me to

http://www.matrox.com/mga/corp/financial/promo/home.cfm

offering a 20% discount on some Matrox cards.

But when I tried to buy I just get pushed into a loop, can never reach checkout.

I am in UK, but have also tried saying I am in US and still no good.:mad:

2. Their shopping cart software for the Elite Trader mini-site is not functioning correctly at present [06/25/06].

Suggest you send an e-mail: europecustomerservice@shopmatrox.com

MoMoney.

3. rgthomas

rgthomas

Thank you. Emailed them yesterday but so far no reply. A nuisance, I can't get my new PC set up properly until I get a card.

4. JORGE

JORGE

I had the same problem buying a quad card from the offer. After several e-mails back and forth with customer service over the course of a couple days, I was finally able to add it to the cart and purchase. They said it was a glitch related to a change in part numbers.

5. Adobian

Adobian

I just don't see what's so special about Matrox card .

Motherboards with 2 PCI-express slots are plenty and cheap .

Even two low ends PCIe cards with Dual VGA or dual DVI could perform on a bit better than those Matrox cards.

Those low ends, most have dual out, D-Sub or DVI, either will work fine. Cost you $38-$50 each card. Two of those and you get 4 monitors going.

http://www.pricewatch.com/video_cards/745936-1.htm

But then you guys probably have a reason to buy Matrox. I am just suggesting something I think would be better.

6. rgthomas

rgthomas

Matrox customer service said the offer was supposed to expire on 14 June, but Elite Trader kept the banner ad up. Anyway they have now extended it, the shopping cart is now functional and orders can be placed. :D

Poster above is right that two dual-head cards would be cheaper, but I'm actually hoping to use an old Matrox PCI dual-head card alongside the quad to go to upgrade to six screens. Three duals would then be cheaper but my motherboard won't run to this.

7. Can I buy one on Ebay instead?