Matrox G450 with WIN XP?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jayford, Apr 1, 2003.

1. I am not trying to start a fight here.....I will say this about the debate of running 16mb...32mb....64mb....128mb.....video cards.....128 is pretty much overkill....have never seen 16 in action....recently I spent sometime at a testing facility. They had just about every kind of monitor hooked up with all kinds of graphics cards....

To my amazement....there was a huge difference in specific LCD's with card combos......In particular the 64mb PCI Nvidia Gforce series, was a night and day difference in terms of sharpness, color quality, and font imaging..blew away the ATI stuff....It was incredible to be able to see these cards side by side 32 vs. 64, etc....It was better than taking the Pepsi/Coke challenge.

So for the extra 20 bucks, I would say the 64mb cards might be worth the consideration IF and only IF your running LCD's. You will not see any difference on CRT's.

I will say this for the real tech geeks out there.....the new Asylum series from Nvidia is absolutely ridiculous. Its packing 128 mb of DDR while offering dual monitor support. Very intense for gaming.

#11     Apr 1, 2003
  2. Running 1 g 400max agp and 1 g450 pci on xp home with 4 monitors and no problems

#12     Apr 2, 2003