Matrox g450 Q.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jayford, May 27, 2003.

1. I now have a g450 running well on a Dell 4400, but I have one problem. Every time I max a window, it goes across both monitors. No matter what I do, the "Dual Head Zoom" setting remains disabled. I run XP BTW.

I know several of you tech heads run this card, so I thought I'd throw this out there. You guys provide a much quicker response than Matrox.

Thanks,

Jay

2. gnome

gnome

Just in case that's really an XP issue, did you try manually resizing when it's "maxed across 2 monitors" to one monitor ("Maximize" button displayed)? As opposed to resizing when the "Restore Down" button is displayed.

3. I've tried everything I can think of. It always zooms across both monitors.

4. gnome

gnome

Do you have a couple of singles you could try? At least that way you'd know the Matrox was a fault.

5. I have the matrox G450 running with Windows 2000 Pro and I have exactly the same problem. I have always manually resized everything and just lived with it. I'm not sure their is much you can do about it. I know what you mean though, it is annoying.

Runningbear

6. BKuerbs

BKuerbs

I really do not know about the 450 and XP, because I'm using a 550 and 2000Pro.

How is your desktop configured? As one stretching over both monitors? That is when e.g. the resolution for the monitor is 1280x1024, have you configured it as 2560x1024?

Try to configure each monitor seperately, that is set the resolution for the first monitor to its native resolution. Then in the settings dialogue there should be an an option to configure the second monitor, just configure it independently of the first.

As said, I do not know if this works for your configuration.

Regards

Bernd Kuerbs

7. gnome

gnome

If you can't find a Matrox solution, you could always get 2 ATI cards for proably a total of $50 and you wouldn't have to resize any more. If interested, respond to this and I'll tell you what I use. My setup works perfectly on Win2000 Pro.

8. ler

ler

I've run into this too. The solution appears to be in your answer to the question during driver installation related to "allow monitors to have different resolutions" or something like that. If you answer NO the driver seems to treat the display as one big chunk spanning both monitors; YES gets the independent behavior you're after.

9. can you re-install the driver to get this prompt?

10. I will play around with the drivers after trading. Thanks.

Matrox still hasn't responded. I asked their sales guy specifically if I could zoom to just one display because I had this prob with Appian. He assured me I could do this. I don't really wish to call back and bitch though cause I got the card for $9.95 off Ebay. There is nothing wrong with the card. its all in the driver.

Jay

#10     May 28, 2003