matrox g450 problem please help

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by gimp570, Jun 2, 2003.

1. I've been running a G450 with W2K for about two years. First the settings can change just by turning off and diconnecting your monitors. Don't ask me how but it is actually possible.

You can try try downloading new drivers from the matrox site, they have drivers listed that are specifically to help you to get multiple matrox cards up and running.

The G450 can be really temprimental, I tryed loading new updated drivers from the matrox site and it blue sceened my computer. So I had to reload the origional drivers that come in the box.

Runningbear

#11     Jun 2, 2003
  2. me too.

#12     Jun 3, 2003

3. hmmmmmm..

i have been driving EIGHT monitors with FOUR G450s for YEARS in one machine under WIN2K and now WinXP. never had one problem installing new drivers or configuring the cards to work. they've worked flawlessly for me. i love the cards :-/

#13     Jun 3, 2003
  4. My g450 worked perfectly for two years, but I have just been having trouble with it lately after supidly trying to update the drivers. Ever since I read this thread my computer won't recoginse the second monitor. I've been jinxed.

I had it working fine earlier today, but when I reset the screen resolution the second monitor went to sleep. It's not a monitor fault, as I switched the cables and the other one went to sleep.

Anyone go any ideas?

Runningbear

#14     Jun 3, 2003
  5. Last night I reloaded my g450 drivers twice to get my second monitor working. For some strange reason my second monitor now only operates at one of two resolutions, one too small and one too big. This has never happened before. Also my monitors which I previously operated at 85 hz are no saying that they are not able to operate above 75hz. I want to smash the damn things, the clicker is giving me epileptic fits. I'm now looking at a web pages that would sit more comfortably on the screen at the IMAX theatre.

Sometimes I really hate computers!!

Runningbear

#15     Jun 4, 2003
  6. Dustin

Dustin

I had almost this same problem when I got my new computer. I think it had to do with loading the DualHead software. I either ended up turning off the DualHead option, or deleted the software and now it all works.

#16     Jun 4, 2003
  7. Couple of years ago I got a dell workstation from their refurbished division. Great price and set up with dual monitor card and win2000pro, just like I wanted. They had dozens of them, obviously sent back by some trading company. Their loss, my gain, or so I thought. It worked ok for RealTick and websurfing, everything else was a major hassle. It wouldn't shut down without hanging, it wouldn't run QCharts, there were all sorts of annoying issues. I understood why they were selling them for a great price.

Then I read lundy's post above. I just upgraded to xp pro and magically everything works perfectly.

#17     Jun 10, 2003