Matrox G450 MMS vs G200 MMS

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by davez, Feb 17, 2006.

1. tnc$ddc

tnc$ddc

I, and other traders I converse with in various chat rooms, experience the same freezing and delays in e-Signal charts and T&S. I also use e-Signal's data feed with other charting software and experience no delays at all, while e-Signal is locked up tight.

The problem becomes worse if I try and use e-Signal tick charts. So I tend to think that the problem is related to e-Signal. I have, in the past, forwarded some of my page files to e-Signal support for trouble shooting, and they claim they cannot find a problem.

I have come to rely on some of their EFS scripts and that is the reason I use to stay with them. But it's becoming unbearabl. I am really looking for a better data feed so I can abandon e-Signal entirely. They are not worth the money, IMHO.

I too use Matrox cards and I like them very much. I have had no problem with the cards. I have a Dell XPS with a 3gig processor, 240 gig RAID hard drive, 2 gigs of memory and 8 monitors. The cards I use are The Matrox p160 (AGP) and two G450MMS Quads (PCI). They work very well.

I just firmly believe that your problem is with e-Signal.

#11     Feb 18, 2006
  2. mokwit

mokwit

Sounds like the problems I had with eSignal with P4, 2GB RAM, 64Mb Video card memory and ADSL. Funny how we are all reporting the same issues but eSignal probably also told you that you were the only person reporting this so it must be your ISP/PC etc. They wasted a lot of my time just binning the info I sent them.

(FYI itservice.net seem to offer a data feed that is compatible with apps that run off eSignal. I contacted them on something else and got a detailed comprehensive reply. No affiliation.)

#12     Feb 18, 2006
  3. davez

davez

This thread took a few twists and turns, but in the end I may have found my answer..... that no hardware upgrades (i.e new video card) will improve the freeze ups or slow refreshes I'm experiencing. Hearing that you and others have the exact same issues with eSignal software sure points to that as the problem.

I know what you mean... all the time and familiarity with eSignal commands, setting up layouts, and developing efs's... its hard to abandon that to start with something new.

Rumor has it that the next release, 8.0 will have next to nothing in it for the average trader. If so, that might be my final straw with eSignal.

Thanks for your reply
    davez

#13     Feb 18, 2006
  4. mokwit

mokwit

Correction: it is Hypertrader.it that provide the esignal interface compatible datafeed (itservice.net provide adaptors for e.g BBG to TS2K etc)

#14     Feb 18, 2006
  5. davez

davez

Thanks for the ITService suggestion, I'll see what they have to offer. If I give up eSignal, I won't be too concerned about the other apps I have that use eSignal data, even though its the program, not the data that seems to be the problem. I use SWP only to get the equivalent of TradesStations radarscreen, and to get a working T&S. TradeStation would likely be what I switched to.

Regards
    davez

#15     Feb 18, 2006