Matrox G400 dualhead Video Card

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ElectricSavant, Jan 3, 2004.

1. I ran across an old Matrox G400.....anybody use this 16mb card?

Do you find it adequete?

Michael B.

2. MrX

MrX

I switched to the G400 I bought on Ebay from a ATI Radeon 7500 64MB and it's been great. I had nothing but problems with the ATI with a blurry picture on one monitor. If you have two analog LCDs I would definitely not recommend a ATI but the G400.

Anyway, bottom line is that for the price it's the best card I have every used.

Good luck.

3. chasmann

chasmann

Great card, it will do all you will need for a trading-charting application. I run Tradestation on it and have never had a problem.

It may be weak for a gaming computer but I would never do anything like that with the computer I run Tradestation on.

4. Thanks folks..... :)

Michael B.

5. Hi,

also check out the G450 (a bit newer). There are several versions AGP / PCI with 16 / 32 MB. I´ve been using them exclusively the last couple of years without any problems. Excellent quality.

Kev

----------------------------------------

I just found this link on another thread:

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProductDesc.asp?description=14-106-143&depa=1

That´s the one I mean. You´ll get em cheaper on ebay...

6. Ken_DTU

Ken_DTU

I found that a G400 with a PIII was most compatible, to add additional PCI cards in, to create a 6-monitor trade station. The P4s don't seem to support many video cards as well, so the PIII w/G400 AGP is the best...

I had compatibility problems w/G450 + other PCI cards. I've also had nothing but trouble w/ATI cards, so I'll never use them again (they won't work w/other video cards in the same m/b). The parhelia's fine w/P4 if 3 monitors is all you need..

ken

7. paco

paco

I've been using the Matrox G450 MMS for awhile now with Win XP Home and have never had a problem with 3 Samsung 191Ts. It will handle 4 and has 32 MB DDR memory/output or monitor.

8. mktman

mktman

Opposite here nuttin but trouble with G400MAX and all is fine with ATI.

mktman

9. TGregg

TGregg

Yeah, the 450s rock. Running 3 duals right now. And six 191Ts. Works fine. Except for this one on my left that is using an El Cheapo (tm) extra long cable. Gotta get a better cable for that one. Some day.

EDIT: Oh yeah, and running XP Pro. FWIW.

10. samaras

samaras

I read that the Matrox P650 and P750 suports Dual-DVI, anyone has experience with this?

#10     Jan 6, 2004