matrox g200

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by bhds, Feb 10, 2003.

1. bhds

bhds

As a followup to my original post. My main confusion is what kind of versions of the card exist and what the prices are. Matroxes website only lists the g200mms with 32 megs(8 per output) ram. So far the variations that I have found on the web are with or without cables, with or without tv output, used or new.

Matrox comparison chart below
    http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/mms/mms_comparison.cfm

#11     Feb 11, 2003
  2. chisel

chisel

See:

http://www.matrox.com/mga/products/mms/versions.cfm

There's a dual and a quad version of the card. Also, OEM and retail versions.

#12     Feb 11, 2003
  3. bhds

bhds

[There's a dual and a quad version of the card. Also, OEM and retail versions. [/B][/QUOTE]

I think the dual head version was throwing me off. Didnt realize that it came in that configuration. Also didnt know that the g450 came in a quad configuration.

#13     Feb 11, 2003
  4. There are many new ones available with cables. You will find them to be Compaq units and you MUST use a driver from the Compaq web site for the card to work properly. Paid $150 for my quad w/cables and am using it on four 22" NEC's.

#14     Feb 11, 2003
  5. opm8

opm8

Hmmm. I got a Compaq g200, got the drivers off the Matrox site and it never mentioned Compaq. Works great with my 4 monitors.

--opm8

#15     Feb 11, 2003
  6. Right you are!
    Just checked again, and tried and it recognized the card this time.
    I must of had the wrong driver set before.

Thanks!

Bob

#16     Feb 12, 2003
  7. edil

edil

Jester,

don't know if this will help you but i had the same problem last year. Called matrox and they said they don't support multiple video cards in the same box if there is one from another brand - only multiple matrox cards.

so i ended up disabling my original agp card and installed a combination of g450 and g200 cards (both pci) driving samsung 191t panels. only had to install one driver - universal driver from their website. Everything works nice !

#17     Feb 12, 2003
  8. Catoosa

Catoosa

Many of the used g200 Quad-4 cards do not include the cables with them. I guess a lot of the computer salvage companies did not think the cables were worth salvaging and threw them out. A used g200 Quad-4 with the two analog cable sets seem to bring about $100 more than the g-200 Quad-4 without the two cable sets. It seems like I read that the cable sets are about $60 each from Matrox and two sets are required for the Quad-4. Do any of you know where I can buy these cable sets new or used at a better price.

Catoosa

#18     Feb 13, 2003
  9. Just to take the other cable with the cable output @ 14.95$/un., it work fine, have also 2 heads and only don't use the cable output. I have buy it, after to have contact a Matrox eng., and he confirm to me that I was right that this cable will work correctly with a std. QuadP G200 even it have been do for the G200 with TV Tuner!

#19     Feb 13, 2003

10. http://shopmatrox.com/usa/products/extensions/graphicscables.asp

Use the analog cable for the G200:
    /15941-00 $24.95 each.

You willl need two for the quad board.

#20     Feb 15, 2003