matrox cards on ebay

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Runningbear, Oct 11, 2005.

1. Just wondering if anyone has bought a matrox card off ebay that was an ex IBM/Compaq unit.

Do these cards work with the Matrox drivers at the matrox website?

Any info appreciated,

Runningbear

2. Yes, the drivers should be the same from the Matrox website. I suggest you make sure that the seller has good ratings and has a substantial number of items sold.

3. Catoosa

Catoosa

I have bought several Matrox quad cards via eBay. I have always avoided any cards made by Matrox for other vendors. I have seen many of these cards that were made for Compaq that the eBay ad stipulated that the driver could be obtained from Compaq. For me, I do not need to know any more as I have had some very bad experiences buying proprietary computer parts. I recently bought a new in the box Fujitsu magneto optical drive via eBay that was made for IBM. I have been unable to get the drive to work with Windows and have given up.

4. gnome

gnome

I asked Tech Support about Matrox cards for 3rd parties (HP, Compaq, IBM) and was told that they are identical to the Matrox branded ones.

5. Thanks for the help guys. Much appreciated

Runningbear

6. for can use a geforce fx 5500 even for alot of screens. they are cheaper and i think better. look into buying 2 pci ones and you can run four monitors.

7. I already have a matrox AGP card, so I'm looking to add a pci version that will be compatible.

Runningbear