Matrox 450 dualhead question

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Nicodemus, Oct 24, 2001.

1. Magna

Magna Administrator

Nicodemus,

If there is a solution to your problem, and you find it, please post it here. I've only used the G450 in NT and W98 (although I set it up a while back in Win2000 I never used it there). In NT it did exactly what you are describing for Win2000 (not surprising, I guess). In W98 it did exactly what tenaru described (he didn't mention his O/S but I suspect it was not NT or Win2000). I also prefer how things function in W98 but I've got a nasty feeling this has something to do with how the NT4/NT5 kernel works with the Matrox dual-head. Hopefully I'm wrong.

#11     Oct 24, 2001
  2. hey, double click on the matrox icon in the tray, open 'powerdesk' tab, check box 'save/restore window positions'. the program will open where you last closed it. notice your other choices. take your pick.

#12     Oct 24, 2001
  3. tenaru

tenaru

Magna,

You are right on the O/S- I am using Win 98. I haven't used NT or Win2000 so I can't comment whether it is an O/S problem.

#13     Oct 24, 2001
  4. Magna

See the above post by Kenstl. The answer and fix are in the post he mentions.:D

#14     Oct 25, 2001
  5. Magna

Magna Administrator

Thanks Nicodemus, I just went back and re-read his earlier post -- didn't realize it would solve the problem that you were talking about. And thanks again kenstl for your earlier post on the G400 thread. Now I think I'll go 'n play with the G450 and Win2000...

#15     Oct 25, 2001