MatLab as trading platform

Discussion in 'Trading Software' started by flakac, Oct 31, 2005.

1. OptionScreen,

That page on that site seems a bit incomplete. I'm sure the writer of TWM would be glad to send you a list of all the functions if you write him a quick email support@gloriosia.com. There is a lot more that TWM can do, mostly revolving around order sending. Remember I'm not a rep for them.

Also remember that TWM simply allows you to send order to IB and control IB TWS in some ways. It is not a backtesting platform, nor is Matlab itself. If you want to backtest in Matlab you have to write scripts that serve your purposes. Want to calculate monthly returns? You gotta write your own equations. Want to calculate drawowns? You gotta write that too. However, do you want to do edge testing with Monte Carlo engines like Acrary, well you now have the flexibility to write that. Want to apply global money management rules to a portfolio of many stocks, you have the flexibility to do that too. Its an open book. You've got to code what you want to make work, but you'll never be stuck in an environment that won't let you do what you want like Wealth Lab, TS, etc.

If you need more info about the general environment let me know.

#11     Nov 1, 2005