Mathematics skills for discretionary trading.

Discussion in 'Trading' started by gotmessner, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Jack is brain dead. If he'd quit watching his mystical carnals and 'gausians' [sic] and sync and volume ad nauseam, and tune to the REAL channel (oil), he'd see what's going on TODAY. It's all about TODAY. Tomorrow, who knows, maybe voodoo will work again.

#81     Mar 16, 2005
  2. LOL. Pomposity is a nice way to really rub it into the losers. I know I'd like to thank the housing is crashing nuts out there for making me laugh over the past year.

#82     Mar 16, 2005
  3. Are you serious? Game theory is pretty much useless. Tell me exactly how you apply this to trading in concrete terms?

#83     May 29, 2005
  4. Hello:

I have been thinking about this subject a bit. Seems obvious to me that for the retail intraday trader, what is almost always missing is the ability to research and analyze intraday price action. They almost always lack skills with Excel for instance and most do not have an adequate understanding of basic parametric statistics. Seems to me, that retail traders need these skills at a minimum.

Good luck,
    Lefty

#84     May 29, 2005
  5. Ideally you would need to know calculus, stochastic processes, statistics, probability, algorithm design, programming, a few six packs of guiness extra stout and a girl(or guy i guess!!) who knows how to take your mind all of this crap when needed. :D :D

#85     May 29, 2005
  6. kut2k2

kut2k2

Why would discretionary traders need math skills? I thought you guys did it by magic or psychic powers or something. :D :D

Mechanical traders, on the other hand ... :cool:

#86     May 29, 2005