math test for imc-chicago

Discussion in 'Options' started by yo1234, Apr 1, 2008.

1. :D :p

#11     May 26, 2008
  2. What is IMC exactly? Is it an options proprietary firm? I thought most of those were just market makers so why is a math test so essential?

#12     May 26, 2008
  3. bellman

bellman

you've got too much time on your hands...

#13     May 26, 2008
  4. Euler

Euler

Forgive my naivete (and curiosity), but is this a joke? I can't imagine a management consultancy asking questions of that level. Where's this really from, a graduate analysis course?

#14     May 28, 2008
  5. the OP was merely asking about the IMC test so I posted questions that I had taken during 2001.

Someone did mention Optiver and this is a sample of what they expect for a MM:
    Superior numeracy is an essential quality for our Market Makers. Your numerical skills will be tested at our offices when you apply for the position of Market Maker with Optiver.
    Just for fun – simply to test your nerves – we have included a short test here. Please note that this bears no similarity to the one you will be asked to take when applying to be a Market Maker. For instance, this online test contains a couple of questions on options trading. However, the test for applicants requires no knowledge of this topic.

This online fun test consists of ten questions which have to be answered within 30 or 60 seconds. So don't delay, and remember to click "Yes" once you have entered your answer. You can see how many questions you have left to answer at the top of the test screen. Your final score will be shown after you have answered the last question.

They (Optiver) also have a sample test that is time based here>>>>
    http://www.optiver.com/pages/workingwithus/testme.asp

#15     May 28, 2008
  6. nathanos

nathanos

The IMC Test is given by test company SHL Solutions (I took it offsite/online). You can go to their website http://www.shl.com/shl/en-int and take a practice test. It's very similar.

#16     May 29, 2008
  7. Euler

Euler

My bad..I was thinking of a different IMC! :eek:

It appears challenging, in any event! Good luck to those taking it.

#17     May 30, 2008
  8. Cybren

Cybren

It's a prop firm that has al large market making equity derivatives background.

But don't you think making markets in equity derivatives asks for good numerical skills?

#18     May 30, 2008
  9. Elvaiz

Elvaiz

hi All.

I applied to IMC (International Marketmakers combination) at Amsterdam.
    I passed the first round which is the numeracy test.

I would like to have some informations about the second round which , according to the nice lady who called me , is made of 3 tests : verbal, logical, numeracy.

Can someone tell me more about these online tests.

Thank you very much.

#19     Jun 20, 2008

10. How did the second round by IMC-Amsterdam go? Were these tests hard? How were they in comparison to the first numerical test?

I am just about to have the 2. round this week. Would be more than happy to get some feedback.

Thanks

#20     Sep 14, 2008