Math PhD strategist looking for capital

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by randommatrix, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ivy PhD in English? Armature?

#61     Dec 11, 2011
  2. neke

neke

He didn't mention English. Could easily have been Electrical Engineering. An armature is a common term there.

#62     Dec 11, 2011
  3. Or he may just have mature arms :D :D :D

[​IMG]

#63     Dec 11, 2011
  4. GordonTheGekko

GordonTheGekko Guest

Nobody refers to their phd as from an Ivy league. They say which school.

#64     Dec 11, 2011
  5. that only means you did not understand my post. the purpose of my post said PhD is nothing, thus, listing my phd from yale or Princeton has no meaning. On the other hand, I am not looking for a job, so i do not need to say where exactly I graduated from.

I never feel proud I have a phd from a famous univ, as contrary to the OP here. sometimes as one poster said, phd has nothing to do with trading success.

#65     Dec 11, 2011
  6. Roark

Roark

I have never let my schooling interfere with my education. -Twain

#67     Dec 12, 2011
  7. that is nonsense. Many HFT strategies can run with 5-8 Sharpe ratios. It all depends on how you calculate Sharpe ratios. If you have hundreds or thousands of trades per day and calculate daily Sharpe ratios then a profitable HFT strategy MUST end up with >3 Sharp ratios if it is any good at all.

#68     Dec 12, 2011
  8. ronblack

ronblack

You are not going to get any serious attention with spelling errors like:

"Our only mission is to develop hihgly successful trading..."

Ten PhDs working there and nobody knows how to spell "highly"?

#69     Dec 12, 2011
  9. I think you should not put too much emphasis on op's English, because English is not his first language. On the other hand, English has nothing to do with the quality of the scientific research.

if you write in Chinese, I believe you would make more errors.

actually, I do not believe op's statement that 10 PhDs involved in his project, because developing trading strategy is a very lonely path.

#70     Dec 12, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.