Math PhD strategist looking for capital

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by randommatrix, Dec 6, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. i like this idea. great start.

#21     Dec 7, 2011
  2. If the dax finishes down 3% and the CAC finishes up 2% ill send you every cent i have , I,m very confident my money is safe . Those predictions are just total bunkem . How can anyone take that seriously , looks like random rubbish .

#22     Dec 7, 2011
  3. dtan1e

dtan1e

in over 18 years trading and investing i've never come across anyone with sharp higher than 3, either u r are trading inside info or a complete hogwash

#23     Dec 7, 2011
  4. heech

heech

I'm Chinese, so for that reason alone I'm interested. I don't care that your English isn't perfect... The Chinese version of the site looks great. ;)

That said, can you talk more about your business model? I've looked at the site and its not clear to me what you're offering and proposing. How many RTs/million are you trading that CME membership commissions are necessary?

#24     Dec 7, 2011
  5. EricP

EricP

Actually, I think this is one of the challenges that you face from investors. You are essentially asking an investor to risk their capital on a promising, but untested, strategy. The investor faces a risk of loss of their capital. Let's assume that trading is successful and profitable => Once the strategy has been proven and begins to build profits, your plan is to drop the investor and only trade your own capital? Doesn't seem like an attractive option for an investor, if I understand you correctly.

#25     Dec 7, 2011
  6. Macho

Macho

The "predictions" are only 6-7 hours late and the S&P ES are virtually the same as my pivots.

The others , I did not look at.

Edit: The forum you offer is all (280 +) items are all spam and No chinese menu to order out!! :mad:

#26     Dec 7, 2011
  7. drm7

drm7

There are a lot of prop trading firms in Chicago that you could talk to. Even if they don't accept your strategy, you could get a job there. Talk to Maverick.

#27     Dec 7, 2011
  8. sle

sle

This is not even remotely true (and I can tell this as a fellow math PhD). An average mathematician would not even know where to start and, more importantly, where to stop.

To quote from myself, "the most sensetive market model is your own spanked bottom" and it takes years and years to arrive at the level where you know that something works or something does not.

Definitely true. But the reality is that even with a good track record it is pretty hard to raise a significant amount of capital. A collection of phds without any serious financial experience and no (by the looks of it) real infrastruture has snowballs chance in hell of getting any institutional capital.

I have seen guys with stupidly high sharpe (in double digits), but these usually were "true" HFT strategies and they where very capacity constrained. Somehow, I doubt the OP is running this sort of business.

#28     Dec 7, 2011
  9. zdreg

zdreg

his hope is normal. anybody who gave them capital would put clauses in a contract and make an estimation of the principal's character.

#29     Dec 7, 2011
  10. Macho

Macho

To give credit where credit is due. The "predicted low" was 4950 and he hit it smack on. (so far) . The current high was also on the money.!!!:cool: And that happened after his post.

And looking for a close around 57-58.

Looks like the predictions are based on SP's and not ES. All good for gumnet work.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

#30     Dec 7, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.