Math For 12 Year Olds

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ngkh, Oct 14, 2009.

1. ngkh

ngkh

Brilliant ! Now try this :

Obama, Clinton, & Bush had snacks for a miniscule $30. Each paid $10 to the waiter. Waiter gave the $30 to cashier. Cashier said bill should only be $25, asks the waiter to return $5 to them. Waiter thinks "how to split $5 among the three of them". Never mind, keep $2 to himself, returns $1 each to Obama, Clinton & Bush. Thus each of them paid $9, waiter keeps $2, total $29. What happened to the missing buck?

#11     Oct 14, 2009
  2. Obama gave it to the Waiters Union as part of the stimulus package the way he gave GM and Chrysler to the auto unions...

#12     Oct 14, 2009
  3. That is known as tax cut.

#13     Oct 14, 2009
  4. aegis

aegis

The missing dollar doesn't exist. Every dollar can be accounted for.

$25 went to the restaurant, $2 went to the waiter, and $3 went back to the customers. $25+$2+$3=$30.

#14     Oct 14, 2009
  5. Are you doing your homework?

waiter keeps $2 which is part of $27
    Total bill $25 + $2 = 27 not $29

#15     Oct 14, 2009
  6. ngkh

ngkh

QUOTE]Quote from aegis]

The missing dollar doesn't exist. Every dollar can be accounted for.

$25 went to the restaurant, $2 went to the waiter, and $3 went back to the customers. $25+$2+$3=$30.

Bravo to both ! Quiet markets bore me..........so.......

Tom Cruise flies his F14 from Hollywood at Mach 2.5 to battle it out with The Red Baron coming in from Berlin at, well you know the speed ! As they pass each other, who's further from Hollywood ?

#16     Oct 14, 2009
  7. Answer-

Tom Cruise is flying to meet the two fruitcakes in the original post who were giving each other chocolate candies.

What did I win?

#17     Oct 14, 2009
  8. [

Tom Cruise flies his F14 from Hollywood at Mach 2.5 to battle it out with The Red Baron coming in from Berlin at, well you know the speed ! As they pass each other, who's further from Hollywood ? [/B][/QUOTE]
    -----------------------------------

I know what you're trying to do by asking that question. You are trying to DESTROY MY RELIGION! You don't want to help people, do you? You don't want to get people off drugs. You're probably on drugs right now. Aren't you on drugs? You are, you are on drugs right now ...

--- Tom Cruise

#18     Oct 14, 2009
  9. If I can paint a house in 3 hours and you can paint a house in 5 hours, how long will it take us to paint the house together?

#19     Oct 15, 2009
  10. Question-

Stock_trad3r blew out his $3000 Ameritrade account buying mega beta stocks at their 2007 highs. If he averages $.70 cents a week from each of the 200 houses on his paper route, how long would he need to continue being a paperboy in order to refund his account?

#20     Oct 15, 2009