Materialists

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ShoeshineBoy, May 5, 2004.

1. LOL
    Yes, they're profoundly and intolerably stupid unless they truly admit their illogic and carry on believing anyway.

#31     May 5, 2004
  2. In certain ways yes. Superiority is an opinion. If we're going to pretend that superiority is intelligence, and inferiority stupidity, then atheists are vastly superior to spiritualists.

If someone tells me that they're spiritual I immediately discredit the person's capabilities. Getting over the god and spiritual shit is a beginning step in becomming a great thinker. It's like kindergarten, or similar to learning how to read. It's a basic step in the process of being an enligthened or intelliegent person. It's basic. If one can't accomplish the basics then in my opinion they're philosophically retarded, inferior.

#32     May 5, 2004
  3. The great majority of vegetarians (except Longshot) are polite, respectful and generally don't consider themselves superior to the rest of humanity. I'm not sure I see where you're going...

#33     May 5, 2004
  4. Shoeshine,

Although I agree with what you are saying in principle, how can you say " a great majority" unless you've interviewed and polled every vegetarian in the world?

Perhaps just the vegetarians in your neighborhood don't consider themselves superior?

You can't use terms like "majority" unless you are absolutely sure you've spoken to 50+% of vegetarians.

#34     May 5, 2004
  5. Most veges are spiritualists.
    Spiritualists think that they're polite, in actuality they force their shit ideas on the few non-idiots.

#35     May 5, 2004
  6. Hmmm...I don't think I'm getting my question across still. Here's the definition of arrogance in dictionary.com:

"The act or habit of arrogating, or making undue claims in an overbearing manner; that species of pride which consists in exorbitant claims of rank, dignity, estimation, or power, or which exalts the worth or importance of the person to an undue degree; proud contempt of others; lordliness; haughtiness; self-assumption; presumption."

Are you suggesting that arrogance is a virtue?

Wait! I'd never thought of that! Your logic is so simple. It's so clear now.

Perhaps if I just shed my beliefs in God, I can be arrogant like you are. Yes, YES, I'm beginning to see the light!

#36     May 5, 2004
  7. Because I let you know you that I'm better than you you call me arrogant? I find forcing god shit on everybody to be arrogant, and so you're stupidly projecting.

#37     May 5, 2004
  8. Thank you, aphie. Please keep in mind that I'm one of the idiots and clearly in the ranks of those barely capable of posting a coherent and cogent application of even the most simple of logic. I should have said "a great majority of those I have run across".

Again, excuse me...

#38     May 5, 2004
  9. Perhaps if you're intelligent and brave enough to shed your delusions you can be much more than arrogant.

#39     May 5, 2004
  10. Aaahhh - so you're a victim? You have been beaten down, oppressed, deeply wounded? This bruising of the soul and mind has created an intellectual force within you that the rest of us simply cannot deal with much less comprehend...

Keep going please...

#40     May 5, 2004