Materialists

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ShoeshineBoy, May 5, 2004.

1. SSB, as a former Yahoo Expert, your question is a good example of the ones we'd receive on that forum.

First, it is a great question! Indicating that those who inferred that you are stupid misjudged you.

Because it is a religious question in nature I'll defer to the Bible in my answer.

On the YE forum we'd get deep questions like this. For a moment I'll go back to the YE forum and answer it from there.

OK, I'm back. Um, no one was there, so.... I'll answer it from here.

The Bible indicates there are two types of individuals on earth: those more spiritually inclined and those more materialistically inclined and these are at odds with one another.

The Bible also indicates that there is an adumbration of the heart that takes place as we set our attention and affection on the things of this world, money being the chief preponderance.

Christ said no one can worship two masters, either he/she will love and serve God, or he/she will love and serve money. In both cases the other one is hated.

Btw, I am finishing up my dinner salad with white creamy dressing as I write so if you see white sprinkles around don''t think that I was fantasizing about Lauren again.

From my observation materialistic people are generally 1) cocked out; 2) care about money and material things ONLY - indicating that they NEVER think about God, and, indeed, the concepts of Him, us and what we think are utter foolishness to them. That is their mental and emotional structure. They are dead spiritually.

They strictly care about money and material things, ALL ELSE seems stupid to them nor are they able to see past their own money getting ways to even consider spiritual things to a larger degree beyond laughing at them, God and us.

It is the design of the Creator so to be this way.

But, the Bible indicates that God has the last laugh:

"He that sitteth in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.

"Then shall he speak unto them in his wrath, and vex them in his sore displeasure." Psalms 2:4-5.

to

#21     May 5, 2004
  2. Hello my "jew-turned-agnostic nihilist" friend. I share some of your anger and grievances towards people of the cloth that have used and abused religion for the sake of power, influence, control and dominance. I understand your anger towards institutionalized constructs that have turned insightful understanding of our universe into a "drive-thru McReligion" world.

However, let me also remind you that no matter who says what about this and that, what remains as truth is absolute outside our own beliefs and opinions.

You Mr. Rowenwood wake up each day and look outside your window in the early morning and see abundant evidence of design and purpose. It is in the grass you cut each week, the people you meet each day and even in your thoughts and dreams.

You know very well that god exists. He is not the Jewish god, Christian god or the muslim god. He transcends any book, disciple or prayer. He is the alpha and the omega. You know very well what I mean, Mr. Rowenwood.

Don't dispute him because of your anger towards those who choose to indoctrinate themselves into the McReligion institutions.

#22     May 5, 2004
  3. Well, that explains a lot of things. I thought perhaps there was some sort of deep, profound reason. It turns out it's just simple arrogance.

But here's the next question then: are arrogant people attracted to atheism or does atheism produce arrogance?

(Again, except for the few like Sardo, Turok, etc.)

#23     May 5, 2004
  4. Funny at parts, disapointing at others. Please tell me you don't believe in god.
    I'm worried about you.

#24     May 5, 2004
  5. I've only read this thread casually - so I might be making a point that
    has already been made.

Atheists don't believe in supernatural, spiritual, holy or otherwise magical
    things. Therefore they cannot *empathize* with your belief system or
    any other religious-ish belief system. At all. They simply do not have
    that gear in their brains.

Think of a vegetarian. It's the same thing.

There are 100s of ways to be religious or spiritual and only one way
    to not be. This *is* a religious belief and it happens to be the only one
    that is going to cause friction with the 100s of others.

But really the matter is one of respect. You are called an idiot because
    your belief system is not respected -- because the atheist thinks
    you are wrong in a profound and intolerable way.

JT

#25     May 5, 2004
  6. And so who could help them? Who should be their leader? Who can help these poor, blind slobs?

#26     May 5, 2004
  7. LOL
    Yes, profoundly and intolerably stupid!

#27     May 5, 2004
  8. It is a honor to have you on this thread.

Yes, I perceive truth in that which you speak.

#28     May 5, 2004
  9. They're brainwashed. As you don't truly understand what I'm conveying neither does the 6 billion understand. And the majority of them are never offered this conflicting information.

#29     May 5, 2004
  10. This is what I don't get. I've studied many, many different religions and belief systems including the atheist. I don't find any of them to be idiotic or "profoundly intolerable." I think people believe what they do for a reason and I don't think I am superior to them in any way (even though I respectfully disagree with them).

So I go back to my age-old question: why do materialists generally feel superior to the rest of us mortals?

#30     May 5, 2004