Materialists

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ShoeshineBoy, May 5, 2004.

1. Let me put it another way:

If I talk to a Hindu, I'm almost positive he will disagree with me but won't tell me my beliefs are stupid.
    If I talk to a Jew, I'm almost positive he will disagree with me but won't tell me my beliefs are stupid.
    If I talk to a New Ager, I'm almost positive he will disagree with me but won't tell me my beliefs are stupid.
    If I talk to a Muslim, I'm almost positive he will disagree with me but won't tell me my beliefs are stupid.
    If I talk to a Mormon, I'm almost positive he will disagree with me but won't tell me my beliefs are stupid.

But if I talk to an atheist, I've got a pretty good chance of being called an idiot (and a dozen other expletives if the conversation gets serious at all).

I ask, "Why?"

#11     May 5, 2004
  2. --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Quote from TradeOff:

No, you're stupid (then again, I'm biased towards you).

SSB is posing the opposite question rowenwood asked in his poll.

to
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No, see, that post I posted to MTC is the perfect example, I left a word out.

It is SUPPOSED to read, You are NOT stupid.

Pls reread the original (corrected) post.

#12     May 5, 2004
  3. Well, maybe because they all are too stupid...

#13     May 5, 2004
  4. Not exactly sure I get your point: but yes I agree religion has been made an issue in times past for wars. But I was talking about here and now in the good ol' US of A (or whereever you are)...

#14     May 5, 2004
  5. Would you care to elaborate on that? Am I to understand that you believe there is a strong possiblity that Mormons, Jews, New Agers, etc. are potentially too lacking in higher thinking skills to handle cosmological, theological and philosphical issues?

Or am I missing your point?

#15     May 5, 2004
  6. LOLOLOLOL!

#16     May 5, 2004
  7. I do have another explanation. But I'll forewarn you: it's a conspiracy theory. I think these might all be the same guy. Seriously, I mean think about it: he's got two phone lines, a cable connection and maybe a wireless card. Shaazaam! You've got one Wizard dialed in as stu, rowenwood, gordon gekko and longshot simultaneously.

#17     May 5, 2004
  8. Well said and I'll add. I'm agnostic, I'm bored and extremely annoyed by the repetitiveness of religion and god. I'm angered by the illogic: terrorists, crusades, fascists, retard lands. Everywhere I go there are these idiots that are mimicking the thoughts of deceased others. God, religion, brainwashed, banal, generic personality idiots by the billions are forcing their brainwashed shit all over me.

We, true agnostics and atheists, are angry and think of god idiots as inferior because there are billions of god idiots acting like idiots and trying to get us to act like idiots too. I'm forced to live in a theistically based society. I'm forced to abide by illogical rules. Rules which are biblically derived.

We feel superior because you really don't understand why you're stupid. We feel superior because you really don't know that you're brainwashed.
    We feel superior because the majority of the 6 billion are oblivious of their incompetence and think that they're right and try to force their righteousness on us. Words cannot express your stupidity and our anger.

God is the reason of most problems today.

#18     May 5, 2004
  9. Most of the 6 billlion people are too stupid to understand logic. They just think they understand.

#19     May 5, 2004
  10. What about TO and Electron, I suppose they're me too?

#20     May 5, 2004