Mastering the Four Fears

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by tireg, Jul 14, 2006.

1. crystalballs

crystalballs Guest

It is not a feeling of guilt. It is a feeling of ease. Good trading. All the best,...Paul.

#11     Jul 15, 2006
  2. I agree with this. Most of my profits come from riding big trends after those rare breakouts or reversals. I learned to trade by scalping though, so I'm used to limiting my position size. When I've caught a real move, I'm hesitant to take on anything more than 4,000 shares, even when I can see that kind of size is possible, just because it feels so unnatural. Think it was Soros (or Druckenheimer?) who said you can never be enough of a pig when you're right. Something I have to really work on.

I think Douglas is talking more about class/religious/social norms some people have internalized that associate excessive income with bad character. I think a lot of people have a ceiling on their earning potential simply because of who they are, and what they think is "normal" or "good."

#12     Jul 15, 2006
  3. crystalballs

crystalballs Guest

Hey, guys? GUILT? Get with the fucking program here. Send your profits to a childrens charity if that's the way you feel? As for taking money from the market.............don't get me swearing.

#13     Jul 15, 2006
  4. What kind of $$$ do you net out of the market annually?

I think there are definiely things holding some back that have to do with guilt because once you make enough to live comfortably, its hard to "justify" making more.

Of course I know it sounds crazy but the human subconscious is powerful and if it thinks you have enough, its hard to convince it otherwise.

#14     Jul 15, 2006
  5. True. Quite often traders settle for a comfortable income instead of trying to achieve more.

#15     Jul 15, 2006
  6. crystalballs

crystalballs Guest

Bollocks.

#16     Jul 15, 2006
  7. If you don't believe class, culture, the subconscious, etc. affect decision making then you're lacking some pretty basic education.

#17     Jul 15, 2006
  8. How many billion per year do you profit from the market?

#18     Jul 15, 2006
  9. crystalballs

crystalballs Guest

Affection? For who?

#19     Jul 15, 2006
  10. What is your current level of success in the financial markets? You havent answered this question yet.

#20     Jul 15, 2006