Massive traffic--- what is going on?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by tradingjournals, Aug 10, 2010.

1. I own a few blogs. A couple about trading, but most are non trading blogs. One of the blogs is receiving "massive traffic" today, and I do not know why? It usually receive about 70 visitor a day, but today it is receiving 400 an hour! Yesterday it also received heavy traffic (around 150 per hour). For the trading site, if post a given day, then I receive a spike in traffic, but the traffic on this site is sustained. There is a reason.

Anything special this week?

2. you should be able to see in your page counter where they are coming from. google? or maybe some popular site created a link to your blog.

summer=few surf the web

3. I am trying to figure it out, but I have not yet. It is massive traffic. If I can have 10 sites like this one and it works like this every day, it prints money. I checked adsense, it made 30 dollars. I think it is going to die down. This is strange, but they are pounding it. Close to 8K page impressions so far.

Anyone in here who has sites?

4. Summer + past traffic makes makes it strange. I hope it is not a robot playing games.

For those who own sites: what is your experience about web traffic, and also how do you get traffic?

5. Pekelo

Pekelo

Digg effect?

6. are you waiting for anyone to ask what are your blogs? ;-)

7. No, I do not need that. I have traffic. I have even a list, and I do not send them emails. If you want to make money from my list, you can advertise to them.

8. i has been a long time since i played with blogs. i remember i had a free web counter and it plainly listed urls and the type of search that lead to a particular visit. google analytics should do that as well i am guessing.

9. I did not install it on this site that is being pounded. I think google analytics needs 24 hours. This site is an ignored site.

I do not want to work on it to later see traffic go to little. I will give it sometime to see if this is sustained.

If any of you want traffic for trading related subject, I have found a way to do it. It DOES NOT involve running around putting links in sites/etc.

Here is a secret: if you have a site and you publish regularly, and your site has value, google seems to give a grade and they send you traffic.

If I post on my site now, I can get 500 visitors in the next 2 hours.

10. #10     Aug 10, 2010