massive spam

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by marketsurfer, Jan 5, 2006.

1. it seems that the FOREX brigade is spamming ET's PM boxes. I have recd 3 FOREX spams in the last week. what's up with this??

surfer:confused:

2. Threads of countless n00bs looking forward to fill fx brokers buckets has caused it.
    I got spam as well.

3. Hmm, I think I only got one in the last week. Should I be jealous, surfer?...

4. I did not get anything!

what does this mean?...

Hey.. I drive a 1990 Plymouth Voyager with simulated wood grain siding...

5. Baron

Baron ET Founder

Yeah, I took care of that problem a little earlier this afternoon. If you ever get PM spam in the future, just forward it to me or joe and we will take care of it.

6. TGregg

TGregg

A sure sign some outfit isn't worth spit? Spamming ET members.

7. Yeah... at least they could hit up folks that REALLY trade :)

8. Actually SPAMMING EliteTrader members is a sign that they respect the quality of the posts on ET. Could be a new site that they are promoting and need new high quality members. SPAMMING Yahoo boards would be pathetic.

Companies raiding other companies employees is sort of the same thing.

9. That's exactly the spam I got, asking to join a new message board.
    I don't mind that kind of spam, it's vendors that get to me nerves and there's nothing u can do about it: these bustards register, never post and abuse pm privileges.
    An idea could be to give pm privileges once members make a certain number of posts, maybe this way spam would fall dramatically.

10. alanm

alanm

I think there's already a pacing restriction. Looks like we need one of those "type the characters you see in the image" things to make automated spamming impossible, and manual spamming more difficult. Might not stop some of the real diehards, though :(

#10     Jan 6, 2006