Massive Reduction in Electricity

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bearice, May 7, 2011.

1. Hello

Hello

Magnets are very strong.

Bearice is very strong.

Bearice is a magnet.

#11     May 7, 2011
  2. Cost per kilowatt hour of electricity. Source MIT:

Nuclear: $0.08

Coal: $0.06

Gas: $0.07

Projected $/megawatt hour of electricity in 2016

Conventional natural Gas: $75

Conventional Coal: $105

Wind: $102

Nuclear $125

Clean coal: $145

Solar PV: $210

Myth 1: Nuclear power is a cheap alternative to fossil fuels.

Fact 1: Nuclear energy is a very costly business.

Myth 2: The main issue surrounding Nuclear power is safety.

Fact 2: The cost is the main issue.

Full Bloomberg Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fD40J45zjIM

#12     May 7, 2011
  3. Rubbish. Wood smoke is very damaging and a serious heath issue for women cooking by wood fires in the developing world. This is well known.

You think that these people would not jump at the chance to swap wood for electricity?

What's with this 100% natural crap? Arsenic is 100% natural too, but that doesn't make it good for you.

#13     May 7, 2011
  4. Lol. Mercury, Cadmium, Lead etc are 100% natural too.

#14     May 7, 2011
  5. has anybody tried organic arsenic?

#15     May 7, 2011
  6. dcvtss

dcvtss

don't forget asbestos

#16     May 7, 2011
  7. Thats actually an interesting idea.. and something that never occurred to me.. Instead of burning coal to make steam to make electricity and then use electricity as a fuel, just use the steam to provide the energy... Should save energy at least. Not sure if there are other cons associated with the steam trains.. but I know Id take a ride on a steam locomotive.. very nostalgic.

#17     May 7, 2011
  8. maxpi

maxpi

The Mojave Desert can easily supply cheap electricity to the entire North American Continent... Sterling engines heated with computer controlled parabolic mirrors.. you pipe it out on million volt DC lines the same as it is piped from the Pacific Northwest to Southern California currently... and if you want more energy you go to where three deserts meet at Needles California... or you go to the Sonoran Desert in Mexico where it gets to 140 degrees.. but don't get crossed up with the cartel guys, I'd ask them first basically...

I think I'll do that project after we use up all the Oil and all the Nuclear fuel... the politics will be better for my project by that time...

#18     May 8, 2011
    #19     May 8, 2011
  10. Somebody has posted "never occured to me" in response to my post. Bearice has 1 Billion supporters worldwide.

An elitetrader member has sent me this message "I LIKE YOUR WRITING. On your Biggest Fraud/Scam thread. Can I get your permission to document your comments to release in a PDF one day?"

I sincerely request all elitetrader members and viewers to copy and paste my posts/statements/comments and send them all over the world. I want world people to read my messages and discuss it and make their own decisions. Please do not wait for my permission. Information posted on internet is free for reproduced (atleast Bearice statements).

#20     May 8, 2011