Massive Oil find in Midwest: Some Relief

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by toc, Apr 11, 2008.

1. Good post, thanks. My 2 cents for what it's worth:
    Everyone expects that as oil price rises, more of these difficult fields will be developed. It certainly does set a price bottom though. My guess is that only time will tell what the true extraction cost and reserves are for this "find". This same story has been playing out at marginal fields around the world over the last few years.

#21     Apr 25, 2008
  2. Is there a way to protest environmentalists?

#22     Apr 25, 2008
  3. Trader200K

Trader200K

My wife suggested we grind them up with politicians that have more than 5 years seniority and digest them in Iraqi acid pots as motor fuel.

(I sleep at night with one eye open :^)

#23     Apr 25, 2008
  4. These groups and others derive their power from preventing anyone from doing anything. They haven't any suggestions, they are not in the business of suggestions or improvements. If the enviromentalists or similiar groups actually suggested anything they would face the wrath of smaller less organized groups of people who derive their power from preventing people from doing anything and may be replaced.

I'm sure I've read in a zoning handbook that had a statement which read: Never give them more than they ask for.

We live with a "who can be the bigger prick" motto, society.

#24     Apr 26, 2008