Massive Oil find in Midwest: Some Relief

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by toc, Apr 11, 2008.

1. toc

toc

'Don't worry. Pekelo will find a way to make the Montana coal disappear.'

Talk about Pekelo's 'Serial Vanishing Acts' :D

Each one diffenrent from before ;-)

#11     Apr 11, 2008
  2. Sponger

Sponger

I was just on a business trip to ND, and from the talk of the locals, this is not an insignificant find - big bucks going into it, and they expect to experience a local economic boom while the rest of the nation goes into recession. Its weird that this isn't getting much news attention.

#12     Apr 21, 2008
  3. Daal

Daal

those who think 'technology' will bring massive amounts of oil out of the ground and kill the oil bull should take a look at the productivity statistics on the last years(of the economy in general), all the huge technology of these days is helping the economy so little it makes no sense to expect that oil output to increase in any meaninful way

#13     Apr 21, 2008
  4. Same with Michigan. I know farmers selling mineral leases in the lp under the radar. That's where the Dart fortune came from. You know, the styrofoam cups you drink out of... Now it's easily recoverable at these prices at 4,000 ft.

#14     Apr 21, 2008
  5. You can find all the oil you want. Problem is nobody wants to build the extra refining capacity to handle it. "Not in my backyard!"
    I don't think we have built a new refinery in this country since the late 70's.

#15     Apr 21, 2008

6. LOL, I was going to say the say thing. The only problem with the articles is it doesn't fit with his world view which is fucked.

John

#16     Apr 21, 2008
  7. MSM wants as much doom and gloom as possible to help out the Democrats.

John

#17     Apr 21, 2008
  8. We were hearing that there was more than enough oil in shale up in canada back when oil was seventy a barrel or so, but shale was not economic. Now that oil is over 110, is shale beginning to be economic?

#18     Apr 21, 2008
  9. Sponger

Sponger

I do remember the term shale being used in the discussions. They also threw out "breakeven at $50 a barrel", hence the hysteria over it.

#19     Apr 22, 2008
  10. Environmentalists plan to protest drilling at these sites because it will disrupt local wildlife.

#20     Apr 22, 2008