Massive down spike in AUD/USD wtf?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by AyeYo, Nov 3, 2009.

1. AyeYo

AyeYo

There you go. Damn news.

What do you use for a news feed during the Asian session?

#11     Nov 3, 2009
  2. AyeYo

AyeYo

Most certainly. That was never an issue with Forex.com. The news feed on that platform was great (to bad the platform itself sucked). They had constant updates of news release times.

Now I'm with FXCM and there's absolutely jack squat for news alerts. (yes yes, bucket shop madness, I know)

#12     Nov 3, 2009
  3. Just look at the forex factory calender.

The Ever FYI VIPER

#13     Nov 3, 2009
  4. AyeYo

AyeYo

Perfect. Thank you.

Glad to have gotten out for nearly even. I'll never make that mistake again (hopefully).

#14     Nov 3, 2009
  5. Forex Factory, which covers the planned events. If there's an intervention, we'll never know till our nuts are dropped anyway.
    My guess, this pair will creep down till about .8850, which will coincide with the FOMC announcement on Wednesday.

#15     Nov 3, 2009
  6. AyeYo

AyeYo

Yea, that's what I was figuring. 0.8810 was actually where I had my target line for the daily. I was just looking to play a little scalp on the 15 min. I was actually just about to take profit before the floor fell out.

#16     Nov 3, 2009
  7. No prob, made money on the AUD/JPY spike, I was bored Mrs. VIPER was busy wit bidness, so I figured to make some pocket change in my personal account.

The Ever Fighting Boredom VIPER

#17     Nov 3, 2009
  8. AyeYo

AyeYo

If you don't mind me asking, how did you play such a quick move?

Were you expecting certain numbers in the news? Or did you you catch it after the move and ride it back to more rational price land?

#18     Nov 3, 2009
  9. Entered before the move, look at a 1 hr chart. Thats all I can say, I wish I could explain more, but if you look at the chart you can see the calculated risk.

The Ever Calculating VIPER

#19     Nov 3, 2009
  10. [​IMG]

#20     Nov 3, 2009