Mass media on the attack: Romney bullied and terrorized gay classmates

Discussion in 'Politics & Religion' started by Grandluxe, May 10, 2012.

1. Mitt Romney has been forced to apologize today for forcibly shaving the head of a high school classmate who was regularly taunted for being gay.

The Republican presidential candidate grabbed tearful John Lauber and hacked away with a pair of scissors because he thought his bleached blond hair was ‘wrong’.

Mr Romney also supposedly mocked another student who was a closeted gay by shouting ‘Atta girl!’ when he tried to speak in class.

“He can’t look like that. That’s wrong. Just look at him!” an incensed Romney told Matthew Friedemann, his close friend in the Stevens Hall dorm, according to Friedemann’s recollection.

A few days later, Friedemann entered Stevens Hall off the school’s collegiate quad to find Romney marching out of his own room ahead of a prep school posse shouting about their plan to cut Lauber’s hair. Friedemann followed them to a nearby room where they came upon Lauber, tackled him and pinned him to the ground.

As Lauber, his eyes filling with tears, screamed for help, Romney repeatedly clipped his hair with a pair of scissors.

The incident was recalled similarly by five students, who gave their accounts independently of one another.

“It happened very quickly, and to this day it troubles me,” said Buford, the school’s wrestling champion, who said he joined Romney in restraining Lauber. Buford subsequently apologized to Lauber, who was “terrified,” he said. “What a senseless, stupid, idiotic thing to do.”

“It was a hack job,” recalled Maxwell, a childhood friend of Romney who was in the dorm room when the incident occurred. “It was vicious.”

The incident transpired in a flash, and Friedemann said Romney then led his cheering schoolmates back to his bay-windowed room in Stevens Hall.

After the shaving incident Mr Lauber ‘seemed to disappear’ from life in school and was later expelled for smoking and died in 2004 of liver cancer.

The damaging claims come a day after Barack Obama said he was in favour of gay marriage.

Mr Romney has made it clear he opposes it but issued an apology for fear of being seen as homophobic.

He said: ‘Back in high school, you know, I did some dumb things. If anyone was hurt by that or offended by that, obviously I apologize.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...-incidents/2012/05/10/gIQA3WOKFU_story_1.html

2. Who would have thought Romney was such a bad ass.I would have guessed Romney would have been the one getting bullied :cool:

3. i always thought he was the guy taking the penny out of students loafers.

4. Messi007

Messi007 Guest

The Flip Flopper Hussein Obama did cocaine in the 80s (wrote about it in his book) and spend his hole adult life doing nothing. And he gets a pass. He committed a felony AS AN ADULT. Romney, as a kid, teased and engaged in behavior that is normal among boys of that age.

5. You know it's been a bad week for Obama when this is what the media is countering with.

Awesome entertainment.

6. pspr

pspr

Way to go Romney!!!! I'd rather have a high school bully in the White House than a kid who "made faces during Koranic studies" in Indonesia. :D

7. Romney still has an identity crisis , lots of times his wife seems to be doing all the talking for him while he stands in the background with that sheepish look on his dial.

8. Supposed to wait until after Romney wins the election to dig up pranks like this.

9. Lucrum

Lucrum

LOL

I'm even more definitely voting for him now. I might even send a campaign contribution.

10. Lucrum

Lucrum

That sums it up pretty well.

#10     May 10, 2012