Mass bumping of threads

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Tsing Tao, Nov 26, 2012.

1. I'll start now.

You're a cunt.

#21     Nov 26, 2012
  2. hughb

hughb

Very good! The ability to type four letter insults on the internet is had only by the most literate and insightful. Five stars my friend!

#22     Nov 26, 2012
  3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Once again, I am not embarrassed regarding the election. You won't find threads from me out there predicting anything. In fact, what you will find from me is lots of "it's up in the air" type posts. But regardless, this isn't about the content.

The first two weeks after the election it went on, no one said anything. But at this point it's getting ridiculous.

#23     Nov 26, 2012
  4. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

No, don't do that. It's friggen annoying as hell to sift through the resurrected threads simply because some forum necromancer wants to add "oh yeah!" to a month old thread. It's bad enough once. Do it 30 times and it's insane.

Besides, it doesn't matter how BSAM and hugh feel, Joe already took care of it.

#24     Nov 26, 2012
  5. BSAM

BSAM

That's correct, brother Tao.
    It doesn't matter what I agree with.
    It also doesn't matter what you agree with.
    What matters is the way Baron wants to run the show here and the degree to which he has discussed with his assistant, brother Joe, about how much control they want to exert on P&R.

I been here since before a place like ET was only a dream in your mind, and I agree with nearly everything Baron has ever done here...Not everything, only about 99%.

When I posted this: "Not for the faint of heart. If you are easily offended, stay away from this forum! These threads will not appear on the homepage." ...That's not something that I made up.
    That's a note to all posters, from brother Baron, in the P&R notes, under the forum title.
    Which, btw, except for the exceptions that I referenced earlier, I pretty much agree with.

It's kinda hard to know if you just don't like brother AK and it's your way to kick him in the ass, so to speak, or if you are truly concerned about the welfare of the website.

Like I said earlier, if Romney would have won, the results would have been the same.

And, I bet you would not have started this thread.

Really makes no difference to me what Baron and Joe do on this issue.
    There's always two sides to every story.

#25     Nov 26, 2012
  6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

You're damned right I would have started the thread. Actually, I would have asked the posters doing it to stop it already (because there is a high degree they'd have listened to reason). If they didn't, I'd have posted it here.

If you recall (probably don't), I told Jem enough with the Romney poll crap already and just let the election happen. I told him that several times, but it was only one thread, so I could ignore it. If he had done crap like that with 20 or so threads, it would have been impossible to go through the forum for new threads.

#26     Nov 26, 2012
  7. Mercor

Mercor

If P&R is played by street rules, rules of the hood, then AK is not showing proper respect for the game.

#27     Nov 26, 2012
  8. You mean like psbr does?

#28     Dec 17, 2012
  9. denney's making a real point here. Much like the need we have here in America today, there's a code of ethics that any and all contributors should adhere to.

I for one am glad that the mods don't intervene and delete posts- at least as far as I can tell. They have the power but choose not to abuse it. In return we get to find out a little more about each other, and ourselves as well.

I think that's why I like coming to ET, because when we are free to think out loud, we can begin to understand why so many are so fucked up.

#29     Dec 17, 2012
  10. BSAM

BSAM

Unless threats are made, extreme vulgarity is used, flagrant rule violations occur, or excessive sponsor bashing occurs, then everybody needs to quit their whining.
    If you don't like what goes on in P&R and/or chit chat; leave.
    (You won't.)

#30     Dec 18, 2012