Mass bumping of threads

Discussion in 'Feedback' started by Tsing Tao, Nov 26, 2012.

1. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

I understand the P+R section tends to be a gloves off, no rules type forum. I'm cool with that. One request, however, would be for a mod to ask the user AK47 not to bump approximately 20 or so threads all related to the election for the simple purpose of putting LOL after them. This has been two weeks running where he's done that. I get it, he wants to gloat. No issues on that, but can he just pick one thread to gloat? Otherwise all the other discussions get bumped back to pages and pages behind, and we have to go looking for them.

And before anyone suggests it, the ignore function doesn't solve this problem, as all the threads show a bump but no last post, so the forum still gets cluttered. If we could either close these threads now that it is post election or ask the user to stop bumping them en masse (which is the same result as forum spamming at this point).

Thanks for your consideration.

2. Joe

Joe

Thanks for the heads up, going to discuss with him now.

3. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Thanks kindly. He's not normally a problem poster (even if I don't agree with anything he says), so please go easy on him.

Edit: Someone else said it could be the user "ex-GOPer", but I cannot tell since I put that guy on ignore a long time ago for spamming.

4. euclid

euclid

Well they are all 5 star threads. Surely, they must be worth another look. :)

5. Actually, I believe exGOPer is responsible for mass bumping of threads.

6. Tsing Tao

Tsing Tao

Ah, my mistake, then. That was the user who said they made a new moniker just for the election, and then was going to disappear, right?

7. Lucrum

Lucrum

Most of them yes, AK47 has done a fair amount himself though.

It might be worth comparing the IP addresses of the two.

8. I doubt exGOPer is AK, but it's pretty obvious he's a second alias...shows up right before the election and starts spamming the board with 50-60 posts in a few hours.

9. Pekelo

Pekelo

That is a very good point! I enjoy reading them, I must have missed most of them at that time.

Or could it be that people don't like to be reminded their false/naive expectations??

10. BSAM

BSAM

Freedom of speech has been pretty much allowed since, 1999 in the P&R forum.
    I strongly disagree with the premise of this thread.
    Unless someone is being overtly racist, making threats, or excessively bashing a sponsor, things should be left alone.
    Sorry, brother Tao, but you are out of line on this one, IMO.

#10     Nov 26, 2012