Marty Schwartz

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by martys, Apr 21, 2004.

1. Ebo

Ebo

Are you Buzzy's son?

#21     Apr 24, 2004
  2. Luke, I am your father. :D

#22     Apr 24, 2004
  3. Cheese

Cheese

I'm a big fan of Marty too .. in 'Back to the Future'.

#23     Apr 24, 2004
  4. #24     Apr 25, 2004

5. “We’ll stay until we run out of money,” Schwartz said with a laugh.

I dont know the guy personnally but from reading "pitbull" this quote really stuck out in the horse story. As a former Marine I really dug "pitbull" and the way MS compares battle to trading. After reading this thread I may have to blow the dust off of it.

#25     Apr 25, 2004
  6. had to do with his statement that he thought he would never make more than $40k a month after I don't know how many losing years he had- ten, I think. "Now I make that in a day" he stated. Looks like if he's buying horses for $300K a pop and has a dozen already, he's still going strong. Good for you Marty!

If you read his book carefully, you won't find anything that tells you what to ACTUALLY do. You have to figure that out for yourself. Too bad I threw all my old trading books away, I could have sold them here on ET. Who knew?

#26     Apr 25, 2004
  7. Ebo

Ebo

Marty was obviously trading the Pit Traded Big contracts back in the days before Globex and The Minis. Was the S and P multiplier $250 in the 80's? So a Bigee back in 1986 was like one mini today!

#27     Apr 25, 2004
  8. The multiplier of the spoos back in the 80's was $500 x the index.

Backwardation

#28     Apr 25, 2004
  9. PCanyon

PCanyon

Does anyone remember back in the early to mid 80's when Marty was winning those trading contests? Remember the only guy who could keep up with him and even out perform Marty? A trader named Frankie Joe. He was featured in Barrons and his mantra was "Keep it Simple Stupid."

As I recall, he died I think in the late 80's.

He was an early legend.

#29     May 5, 2004
  10. All I can find is a quote by Frankie Joe (I hope he is the same guy) -
    In the markets, yesterday is a memory and tomorrow is a vision. And looking back is a lot easier than looking ahead. - Frankie Joe

:confused:

#30     May 5, 2004