Martin Zweig passed away...

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by billpritjr, Mar 1, 2013.

1. Maybe that's what killed him. I am into fitness and healthy living, but I think that moderation is the key here. As in many other things.

I agree, that he was a good one. I read some of his stuff many years ago. It was my trading foundation.

R.I.P.

#11     Mar 1, 2013
  2. jsp326

jsp326

Long-distance running in particular can be dangerous. Do some research on marathon runners and you'll find that they're not all healthy. It's better go moderate on the running and mix in other things (bodyweight exercises, swimming, etc.)

I'm just now reading this and sad to see the news. One thing I liked about Zweig was that he gave some objective trading systems that could be tested and modified. Many other legends like Weinstein never did this. I'm not sure how Zweig's original systems held up, but his concepts (combining interest rate data, trends and other factors into a single point-based model) have lived on and spawned newer and better systems.

#12     Jan 15, 2014
  3. HOGWASH! Take big bites!

#13     Jan 15, 2014
  4. jsp326

jsp326

Long-distance running in particular can be dangerous. Do some research on marathon runners and you'll find that they're not all healthy. It's better go moderate on the running and mix in other things (bodyweight exercises, swimming, etc.)

I'm just now reading this and sad to see the news. One thing I liked about Zweig was that he gave some objective trading systems that could be tested and modified. Many other legends like Weinstein never did this. I'm not sure how Zweig's original systems held up, but his concepts (combining interest rate data, trends and other factors into a single point-based model) have lived on and spawned newer and better systems.

#14     Jan 15, 2014
  5. %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

I rememeber him on PBS
    Wall Street Week.[WSW] Amen on the articlle that said he ''was a terrible worrier '' Some may say, well no wonder the worry; he got six shares of GM at age 13...................................................

Some say he predicted 1987 crash . I dont recall him ever making any predictions;but wikipedi simply said '' he was deeply worried, Oct 16,1987.'' In fairness he usually looked worried, but wikepedia probably was right ;OCT 16,1987 ''deeply worried''. But as soft spoken as he was; that said MUCH%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Paul Tudor Jones[[told Jack Schwager] said his mother watched WSW with ''religious ferver''LOL, but true.

Also remember MZ on PBS WSW; a real kind ,soft spoken gentlemen, was fun to listen to, real careful with his words:cool:
    God bless his family.:cool:

#15     Jan 15, 2014
  6. =============
    Amen ;especially when they run on concrete/black top
    =====================================:cool:

#16     Jan 15, 2014