Martin Shkreli Keeps $45,000,000 In Etrade Account

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Fundlord, Jan 7, 2016.

1. Fundlord

Fundlord

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/01/07/martin-shkreli-uses-45m-etrade-acct-for-criminal-bond.html

"Here's one guy who REALLY doesn't want the stock market to tank any further — or he might get locked up.

Pharma bad boy Martin Shkreli has used his Etrade brokerage account — which contained a cool $45 million as of Wednesday — to secure the $5 million bond that has kept him out of jail since mid-December, when he was indicted on federal securities fraud charges."

How does this dude have so much cash laying around ???

2. zdreg

zdreg

how comes he has it laying around at a 3rd rate firm like Etrade? after the article he will be receiving phone calls from goldman offering freebies like .....

3. Maybe because he knows how to make money??--- These guys have millions in checking accounts-- tons of guys like that-- not everyone is eeking out a living

4. Q3D

Q3D

Perhaps Martin Shikreli was the puppet master behind many price action "textbooks" and the subsequent retail-trader wealth transfer?

comingkingofisrael likes this.
  5. Chubbly

Chubbly

He is charged with federal securities fraud charges. Perhaps one of the reasons his former hedge fund went sour was because he was skimming off the top.

A guy who used to run a multi million dollar hedge fund using a 3rd tier broker is pretty odd and a bit suspicious

Diamond Top, VPhantom and SunTrader like this.
  6. Fundlord

Fundlord

Well his hedge fund/Ponzi scheme lost all its money and I don't think it was ever big enough to net him 45m after taxes.

Must be from his drug company which had a net loss of $14.6m for the third quarter, ending September 30.

All that $ and this is what he does with his time :p

VPhantom and rockn like this.
  7. Chubbly

Chubbly

I hope he gets a twitter and a webcam in prison.

8. He's not going to prison.

9. Chubbly

Chubbly

I am pretty sure that is where people go after committing crimes

[​IMG]

10. Chubbly

Chubbly

[​IMG]

#10     Jan 7, 2016