Martin Schwartz talks about losing $25m Feb 2018

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by ZBZB, Jan 1, 2020.

1. speedo

speedo

Gonna let you in a trader secret, do the opposite in a down trend and when no trend...drink margaritas. Shhh, don't tell anyone our secret.

#71     Jan 6, 2020
    volente_00 likes this.
  2. No denying that.

#72     Jan 7, 2020
  3. jordi742

jordi742

41k options, how much money do you need as a margin? Millions...or billions, I guess ;)

#73     Feb 13, 2020
  4. ZBZB

ZBZB

I think we can definitely say that he is not clearing at interactive brokers.

#74     Feb 13, 2020
    jordi742 likes this.
  5. southall

southall

Early in your trading career is when you will have the balls/naivety to borrow money, as everyone thinks the game is easier than it actually is when they start out. Most people just use a credit card these days.

#75     Feb 13, 2020
    jordi742 likes this.
  6. SunTrader

SunTrader

Because they don't have the balls to borrow from family ... and face them when they most likely fail.

#76     Feb 13, 2020
  7. %%
    Good points in last half of your post.
    NOT all addictions are bad= Southhall, if you are not addicted to water- you will be a dead duck quick. So its a lack of common sense or lack of wise plan, also that can be deadly. I also perceive you have enough sense to drink 8 glasses of liquid / water a day/+.:caution::caution:

#77     Feb 13, 2020
    nooby_mcnoob likes this.
  8. southall

southall

Im not really addicted to water. When im thirstly i tend to crave soda, coffee, or beer. The company where i work also stocks mineral water for us (as well as the other three), i rarely crave that mineral water, i force myself as i dont want to overdo the other three.
    So i'm more addicted to sugar, caffeine and alcohol. Not so much plain water.
    Now if those three weren't available i would probably only drink water to wash down my meals or after exercise.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2020
    #78     Feb 13, 2020
  9. banco

banco

I could never believe he actually made millions trading off moving average channel bands. Always thought he must have been one of those traders with an intuitive feel for the market who doesn't understand how and why he makes money..

#79     Feb 14, 2020
  10. jordi742

jordi742

41,000 options. Unbelievable. I suppose it was a spread rather than a directional trade. What I don't understand is why he uses options and not futures.

Any ideas?
    thanks

#80     Mar 19, 2020