Martin "Buzzy" Schwartz

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Handsome, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Just use a free email address from yahoo or hotmail for these things. Problem solved.

#31     Nov 4, 2007
  2. OK - and thanks.

#32     Nov 4, 2007
  3. #34     May 3, 2013
  4. helgen_1

helgen_1

#35     May 3, 2013
  5. jem

jem

I believe he once posted here on elite. (of course could be an impostor) maybe he will see this thread.

#36     May 3, 2013
  6. lwlee

lwlee

Yeah, his book was really enjoyable.

The one thing I would be interested in knowing is how he would fare today. Could his methods hold up? So many changes since the 80s, it would probably be tough for him to make it today.

#37     May 3, 2013
  7. lwlee

lwlee

#38     May 3, 2013
  8. I have little doubt that Buzzy could kill it today trading the ES. Don't forget, he had to phone his trades into the S&P pit. Of course, he had good brokers working his trades, but he could still never be on equal footing with the locals. Now, he would be.

He made a bundle trading options too. As I recall, it was nothing too sophisticated, just basically using them as leveraged trades to play the underlying.

I have a lot of time for Buzzy. His book was one of the factors that turned me around as a newb and helped me understand the crucial rule: it doesn't matter if you're right or wrong, all that matters is making money.

#39     May 3, 2013