Martin "Buzzy" Schwartz

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Handsome, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Maverick1

Maverick1

Call him up and say: "Martaay, zis is Pierre Tete Du Merde, euhhh, how is my monay doing? If you don't do better than Tudor this month I will have to pull ze plug and reallocate my dollaires."

Surely that should be good enough for him to catapult out of obscurity, lol.

Supposedly he's a really private individual. What strikes me is that a really private individual doesn't inform the world of his daily routine of cleaning out the plumbing twice before the start of the trading seesion... but then again what do I know. :D

#11     Apr 19, 2007
  2. EPrado

EPrado

He owns one of the top turf horses of 2006. They interviewed him last fall on ESPN after the horse won a huge race at Keeneland. He has done very well in the horse racing game.

#12     Apr 19, 2007
  3. Last I seen him was up at Saratoga and he had some fine horses racing. I said "Hey Buzzy, remember me. Handsome from Mulberry street" and he said " Hey Handsome, what's happening?" and I said "Notin much, except bet the farm on "Lori's Girl in the feature"..We shook hands and I left. Last I seen him.

#13     Apr 19, 2007
  4. I must have been making the post right below yours when you were posting yours... :)

Anyways, thanks!

#14     Apr 19, 2007
  5. Now here's a guy that deserves your respect.

Knew when to get out of the game, and is prospering in the ultimate wise guy game of horse racing.

Not like these clowns that blow out account and then hustle newbs with tales of how easy it is to make a million.

He made his millions, kept them, and is having a good time.

#15     Apr 20, 2007
  6. Any news about Buzzy this year??

:cool:

#16     Nov 2, 2007
  7. #17     Nov 2, 2007
  8. Q12

Q12

No doubt he's a very talented trader... I found his book entertaining. Although, there's an excerpt in there that talks about how he used to love to play roulette and he had a system based on the frequency of red or black coming up. I guess that just goes to show that even some of the best traders out there have no clue when it comes to basic prob/stat.

#18     Nov 2, 2007
  9. Yeah I have the book at my desk and seriously am currently reading it (I sat it back down to surf here for a second, coincidentally)...he also says on the same page how he knows it's silly to do that, as roulette is random., but it made him feel better to have a "system" even though he knew better.

Make sure to read the whole page next time please.

#19     Nov 2, 2007
  10. Yes, it's a very good book. The best I have read about day trading. You don't learn very much about trading, but you learn what you need to be a good trader: focus.

#20     Nov 3, 2007