Martin Armstrong Needs Your Help!

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by timewarner2, Nov 30, 2009.

1. amtrak

amtrak

I don't know about Martin Armstrong,
    but his timing cycles saved me some money a few years ago --
    I lightened up on equities in the retirement portfolio late one February because of the cycle prediction,
    and sure enough, even though there had been no general upheaval going on,
    the Chinese did something and the market tanked for a while starting in late February.
    So IMHO there is something to his 4.3 year cycle ideas.

2. Does anyone know who Daniel Johnson is here?

Martin Armstrong reminds me of him - this weird cryptic stuff with a weirder backstory....

3. Agreed.

Reading Armstrong you can smell the air of obsession and insanity.

But hey, I'm sure people said the same about Beethoven back in the day.

4. The "hi, how are you" guy? he might be a musical genius, but nothing else--- this Armstrong character appears to be some kind of full blown economic genius.

5. Tuesday 27 February 2007, my first 18 hour session :D, free money.

6. Perhaps, but he isn't the greatest trader. There is no point to further discredit him here, however, he should not ask to manage other people's money if he didn't like how government have treated him with his business model.

7. He did say that his "handlers" sought to discredit him...

8. Except for this part, I suppose:

...For approximately four years, Republic Securities knowingly participated in a fraudulent investment scheme by Armstrong. Throughout the course of the fraudulent scheme, hundreds of millions of dollars entrusted to Armstrong by Japanese companies and deposited in special-purpose accounts at Republic Securities were dissipated as a result of Armstrong's unsuccessful futures trading strategy and diversions to companies controlled by Armstrong. Republic Securities participated in Armstrong's concealment of this fraud and continued solicitation of new investments by, inter alia, providing more than 200 letters concerning the Net Asset Value of the accounts at Republic Securities. These NAV letters, the majority of which directly misrepresented account balances, also failed to disclose the commingling of accounts and use of investor funds to collateralize negative balances in trading accounts. Republic Securities also directly misrepresented account balances to an investor who visited Republic Securities' office, and provided documents that were used by Armstrong to mislead the Japanese Financial Supervisory Agency ("FSA").

http://www.sec.gov/litigation/admin/34-45157.htm

Details, eh?

#10     Nov 30, 2009