Martha Stewart Indictment

Discussion in 'Trading' started by BOSS_HOG, Jun 3, 2003.

1. I missed the news, who is prosecuting her? The IRS or the SEC? Seems like it would be the SEC, no?

#31     Jun 4, 2003
  2. First, the Feds are going to charge her, then the SEC's going to
    take their turn.

#32     Jun 4, 2003
  3. F. d'Anconia

F. d'Anconia Guest

Thank you, rock! well said. The general public always wants to see the rich get in trouble, because they don't have the guts or the wherewithal to get there themselves. Pathetic. I call this "OPM". Its America's greatest spectator sport. Even more important than baseball or football. Its our national pastime. OTHER PEOPLES MISERY!!

#33     Jun 4, 2003
    #34     Jun 4, 2003
  5. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

Admitidly I am not a Nobel Laureate. You got me on that one.

You just said yourself that you would tell your family and friends if you had inside info. You don't think Waksal did the same?

And who did that daytrader sell too? Someone lost money and it wasn't Martha. I don't need a Nobel Prize to understand economics. Clearly you lack a basic understanding of market mechanics. I guess its just easier to believe everything you read.

I did not intend for this to turn into a debate. Clearly we will have to agree to disagree. But its people like Lay and Waksal and Ebbers and even Martha who think like you that have caused the corporate scandal environment that we are wading through. The end does not always justify the means.

#35     Jun 4, 2003
  6. I'm sure that the market if touched order is somewhere here....

#36     Jun 4, 2003
  7. Martha can join all those Enron and Worldcom executives that were prosecuted.

#37     Jun 4, 2003
    #38     Jun 4, 2003
  9. Well put and why has this been so totally lost on so many who contributed to this thread? That beats me....

#39     Jun 4, 2003
  10. WarEagle

WarEagle Moderator

No I am not...oh well, nevermind...its like arguing with my four year old.

#40     Jun 4, 2003