Martha gets off

Discussion in 'Trading' started by lazybones, Feb 27, 2004.

1. gms

gms

Just a thought.

MSO was up 15% on the day, hitting a 52 week high, on the news of the Judge's dismissing the securities charge.

According to Reuters, "The count accused Stewart of proclaiming her innocence in a move to mislead investors in her company".

So, since the Judge effectively proclaimed her innocence, a move which would rally investors in her company - and did, and accomplished for her what Stewart couldn't herself, the prosecutors should bring charges against the Judge for using the judicial system to manipulate the stock price and for conspiring with the Defendant.

What do you think, cutten?

:p

#11     Feb 27, 2004
  2. defense was helped by judge not allowing expert witness to testify about potential fraud

#12     Feb 27, 2004
  3. Cutten

Cutten

Sorry, I thought it would be obvious - she hasn't "got off" on the main counts, so there is no special case for buying the stock based on that news IMHO. Until the decision comes from the jury on the other counts, it looks like a pure gamble either way.

#13     Feb 28, 2004
  4. she would look good in orange convict coveralls.

hey, the other charges have not been decided yet,

there may still be hope....

hope she runs into Gary Mednick at the women's prison

#14     Feb 28, 2004
  5. Mvic

Mvic

that she put herself through all of this in order to save a measely $40K? Obviously I am assuming that she did sell because she was tipped off.

#15     Feb 28, 2004
  6. It wasn't the money, it was being an "insider" that mattered. If she was left being a bagholder she would have had her sense of self shaken to the core. And she would have cut off Bacanovic's balls.

She is such a self consumed pathological narcissist that I think she prefers going through this than the alternative: being snubbed or ignored. One part of her hates this. It's SO annoying having to go to court every day she says to herself. Another part of her is delighted: look at how important I am that the government is spending all this time and effort on ME. Besides, celebrity crooks are often celebrated.

The question is why as a former stock broker she did not exercise caution after getting the tipoff.

#16     Feb 28, 2004
  7. The problem was not really the tipoff. It may not have even been illegal, although it would have probably gotten the broker fired. Worst case, she would have been forced to disgorge, pay a fine and sign a consent order not to violate the securities laws. The thing that landed her in hot water was allegedly lying to the investigators about why she sold.

Why did she do it? Maybe to protect the broker, who tried to help her? Who knows.

Still, a conviction is not in the bag. It only takes one juror to produce a mistrial.

#17     Feb 28, 2004
  8. Cutten

Cutten

LOL - send him down!

#18     Mar 1, 2004
  9. sjp

sjp

I have no opinion on this topic.

Hope this helps everyone.

Yours
    Confused Trader

#19     Mar 1, 2004
  10. yes I agree -
    bought MSO Friday morning at 13.30 sold after buying
    climaxed around 14.95 to 15.10 and went short between 14.85
    and 15.20
    I still believe that we might test again the 12.50 to 13.00 area.
    Even if she gets totally off all charges I would sell the spikes up.
    :cool:

#20     Mar 1, 2004