Marrying for money

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by a529612, Dec 14, 2007.

1. bathrobe

bathrobe

My parents knew each other for 7 weeks, got married and have been together for 38 years. When they married they were extremely poor, loved each other alot, my father eventually became very successful. but they have not gotten along in 15 years but they both claim to love each other very much.
    Nearly all girls I meet my age (Late 20's) care only about money. They trade their beauty for money. Literally all are extremely superficial. This is the case in NYC.

#41     Dec 15, 2007
  2. TGM

TGM

You can marry it faster than you can make it. And it will be like this till humans cease to exist.

FWIW, I know of a wealthy trader that married an Eastern European knockout he met on an overseas trip. She was like 27 and he was 48?? They have a kid together now and are living happily ever after. (they have been together for like 8 years or so.)

Of course, she signed a prenup!
    Any wealthy person that marries without a prenup ----is a fool.

#42     Dec 15, 2007
  3. Women in the NYC area particularly superficial. It's not a money thing either, because California is also expensive yet there is a smaller percentage of these goldigging types. New York is just all about money.

These stories about women divorcing men after 3 months don't make any sense to me. I'm no lawyer, but my understanding is that a woman is allowed 50% of the difference in your incomes X the number of years you are together. Assets you acquire before a marriage are not considered unless there are children involved. So a woman who married you 3 months ago is entitled to a small sum, not a fortune, unless you make 10M a year.

Not one guy I know would get married again if he had to do it over again. Most men I meet tell me NEVER get married unless you want kids. A friend of mine was so madly in love with his wife, and she with him when they got married. She was still madly in love with him before he passed away a few years ago. She is a terrific woman, but he had also told me he would not marry her again.

I would never get married. Renting is better.

#43     Dec 15, 2007
  4. Yes that's unfortunately true. Some people just can't grasp actually loving and caring for someone else. It's human nature to be selfish and greedy, sadly. Money is just fucking paper. I like it and want to make as much as I can, but it ain't worth selling out over. It takes a special person (or in this case two special people) to have something as great as your parents do.

#44     Dec 15, 2007
  5. Have to agree here, Love or the idea, connotes different things to different people. Some people are more idealistic and others are or try to be more realistic. Is it possible for an old geezer with no funds to get a young hottie? Yes, but he has some other quality to make up for it. The same could be said of some young buck out on the hunt. This is like anything else, a persistent mac artist will get laid due to sheer effort. Also, there is so much bullshit idealism about the married state one has to laugh. Even funnier is someone who thinks having money is the answer to all lifes ills. Good luck with that, there are many miserable lonely rich folk out there. Having money has its own inherent issues and problems. Personally I believe that if you are lucky enough to find the right one then count your blessings. Greed makes you blind.:)

#45     Dec 15, 2007
  6. Sad thing is, if they hadn't come over here to pimp sugar daddies.....they'd be stuck off in some European/Thai brothel being beaten and whored out for peanuts. LOL

Hell, it's the only logical conclusion for them. ha ha They're gonna be whores anyway, they may as well make some money.

#46     Dec 15, 2007
  7. JimyJam

JimyJam

While the marriage was hell, all the relationships I had before, during and after it were pretty special. :)

I just married the really wrong person. Love and Sex are two of the most powerful forces that we can ever experience, and I believe they transcend Fear, Greed and Hate.

I'm just not sure I would ever do the marriage thing again, even if I did want to have kid(s).

JJ

#47     Dec 15, 2007
  8. JimyJam

JimyJam

I used to tour with a dance group when I was younger. Man, those Red Light districts where just fucking crazy! :eek: :p :D

JJ

#48     Dec 15, 2007
  9. heh heh no kidding my man. you ain't lying.

:D

#49     Dec 15, 2007
  10. Girls like this are easy to manipulate, most men just don't know how. I look up and say "Thank you" when I meet girls like that. But then I often regret it, because it is draining. Hard to explain, but you can start by looking into while these types of girls often go for the slimebags of the world.

This is the worst type of girl unless you like wearing the skirt in a relationship.

#50     Dec 15, 2007