marriage problems as a trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bat1, Feb 18, 2008.

1. MandelbrotSet, Amen!

You know what my wifes attitude is? She says get whatever you need ! She actually pushes me to get the best in the biz for trading software, hardware etc...

But then again, I am quite profitable and she's a sweetie!

#41     Feb 24, 2008
  2. forget marriage...co-habitation anyone? :)

#42     Feb 24, 2008
  3. Hate to break it to you but in most places co-hab for more than a year and you are married.

So unless you are a short termer, like swing trader a long term hold could put you in the guillatine.

" Half"

#43     Feb 24, 2008
  4. bat1

bat1

wow! thanks alot guys I never thought so many would respond to this trend :)

you all been helpful really!

So far everything is cool I'm just going to use less margin...she does have a point and I need to respect
    that!...you know I don't want to lose my family over trading .....

Ed

#44     Feb 24, 2008
  5. Blessing man, you've got the best all worlds. :)

#45     Feb 24, 2008
  6. Couldn't you just get a girlfriend?

That would take your mind off of what your wife has to say and really give you some motivation to make some coin.

Of course then you will have a time management problem but its hard to find a plan thats perfect.

Best of luck to you

#46     Feb 24, 2008
  7. by law?!..thats a load of BS..the govt cant force someone into marriage??...and if they can..well f---k the govt.

#47     Feb 24, 2008
  8. no common law marriage in Wisconsin. I think the time is a lot longer than 1 year in most places. Thinking 7 is a magic number of years for states that have it.

Sorry Cash, Yes the government CAN (depending on the state) say your wed AND best of all you get to go through the fun of divorce without the prenup. (think half or worse) and from my experience the government usually does the f--king and the person usually is the one getting f-ed.

#48     Feb 24, 2008
  9. It's usually 5 years for common law. I have never heard of less than 5 years, certainly not one year.

#49     Feb 25, 2008
  10. after my divorce i become profitable and free man...:D

#50     Feb 25, 2008