marriage problems as a trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bat1, Feb 18, 2008.

1. Yeah fframe, that was a well though out, intelligently written and very concise missive.

The thing is, women ALWAYS need a level of financial security, whether she's a "gem", "dime piece", "gold digger" or whatever other term might apply, as you can see from the descriptors, it's going to come down the the "dolla".

#31     Feb 21, 2008
  2. You might work with a fixed amount of capital that you can afford to lose without jeopardizing your house and marriage.

#32     Feb 21, 2008
  3. ammo

ammo

u and your wife,if in a healthy loving relationship,should BOTH be doing all u can to keep marriage and each other healthy,if relationship isn't that strong,then that won't happen,money woes are there in 75% of divorces,so if u want to stay marrried and keep the house,u can both get a second job, if u don't care then u r not losing anythiing of importance to u.

#33     Feb 24, 2008
  4. Why not sit down and have your wife tell you her concerns? Maybe if you both go over the financials together you can both come up with a cutoff point where u either make it a s trader or you do not.

My first time around I dealt with this issue and I resolved it in that way. I blew up a 30K account, went back to work and sim traded for a year. Best thing I ever did (or should say was forced to do) but my wife stayed with me and loved me thru it --she knew it was really hard on me as I felt I had failed miseably.

Today I am trading full time from a home we built with the fruits of my hard earned labor and although I am doing well now, I will never forget blowing up my account but not my marriage.

I hope you can reslove this for the both of you.

Good Luck
    GT

#34     Feb 24, 2008
  5. SlyFlo

SlyFlo

-you should tell her that if you hit it big, YOU will want a divorce. see what she says...

bottom line is she is going to stick through thick and thin, or she wasn't worth marrying - NO offense ... many are not willing to handle tough times which leads to the high divorce rates.

#35     Feb 24, 2008
  6. samus

samus

well, since you brought it up.... why buy the cow if you can get the milk free....?

#36     Feb 24, 2008
  7. Amazing how women know how to pile on the pressure just... at ...the.... right.... moment.

Another very common trait with women is when they leave you but are not sure they have made the right decision, they will go out of their way to ensure you fail. E.g.

They will send you letters from their solicitors, or
    make false accusations to the police, or
    make your family think you are a psycho etc.

#37     Feb 24, 2008
  8. Ed, I hate to break it to you but I think she's going to leave you anyway. Maybe trade her in now on a newer model.

#38     Feb 24, 2008
  9. See the problem is, you're talking to a pretty well, world-wise, experienced, cycnical (use the adjective of your choice) group of guys.

So, with much respect to you & your wife, because I/we have NO IDEA of what your personal situation really is, nobody here would take that kind of nonsense talk ... well, OK, 90% of the guys here wouldn't take it.

We'd tell her to get a move on, why wait? :p
    But that's because we have WAY too much of the wrong kind of experience, and we're just a tincy wincy little bit on the jaded side (yep, especially Momo, who's all of, like 26).

But, that may not necessarily be the situation with you, so if you have a decent relationship going, NOW would be a good time to start the sessions with the relationship psychologist, not when there's trouble brewing at home.

:)

Good luck ... whatever you decide to do, you're going to need it.

#39     Feb 24, 2008
  10. Yeah, everything he's saying here is true ... and she even had the nerve to look me up and ask me what I was doing not too long ago.

#40     Feb 24, 2008