marriage problems as a trader

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bat1, Feb 18, 2008.

1. please, listen to her, she's right.
    the worst you can do is try to become a trader while married and using the rent money as capital.

#11     Feb 19, 2008
  2. lindq

lindq

Most women have a very strong need for security. It makes sense.

If you are profitable and experienced, then it is all in her head.

But if you aren't, maybe you should be listening to her instincts.

#12     Feb 19, 2008
  3. Good point. Women are genetically pre-disposed to select the strongest mate. (see why watching National Geographic is better than CNBC?). :D

#13     Feb 19, 2008
  4. Put the house in her name only if you are concerned.

#14     Feb 19, 2008
  5. If he is married I think they can still take the house even if it is under her name.

#15     Feb 19, 2008
  6. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

So I guess when she took the vows, through sickness and health, for better or worse she had had her fingers crossed on half of it?

#16     Feb 19, 2008
  7. As the OP, its going to be tough to make it without the support of your wife. Do you want to stay married to her? If you do, then you should sit down and explain the worst case scenario based on your trading plan. People often fear what they don't understand. When I explained to my wife that stops, for futures, are held at the exchange, and not on our computer, she eased up because it doesn't matter if our connection goes down ( which only happens BTW 5-6 times a year ) . Offer to let her watch you trade quietly. Just a suggestion. If you want her to support you educate her and get her involved in a positive manner. This doesn't mean she gets to run the show.

#17     Feb 19, 2008
  8. So you are recommending her because you are doing her?
    :eek:

#18     Feb 19, 2008
  9. If the person in this story was successful... this wouldn't be happening, would it?

This story is about a "subsistence level gambler"...
    Not a professional trader.

Women will have you exposed as a low-level gambler...
    In minutes... or hours... or days, if you are a good liar.

#19     Feb 19, 2008
  10. Even so, he may have to fire his Selection Committee.

#20     Feb 19, 2008