marriage and government

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Gordon Gekko, Jan 1, 2004.

1. i wouldn't want or not want her to; it would be up to her and that's that.

#71     Jan 2, 2004
  2. Turok

Turok

>No, but of course that goes to the issue of choice.
    >Someone has the choice to have 3 wives but not
    >their eye color...

I like your way of thinking. Aligns with mine perfectly.

Now, if we could just agree on whether people choose to be gay or are born that way.

NOT NOW...SOME OTHER TIME.

:)

JB

#72     Jan 2, 2004
  3. it has been fun playing boys, but its time for my bath. I'll respond to new interesting stuff later on

Ciao!

Tiki

#73     Jan 2, 2004
  4. Okay, guys, you've blown me away here. I'm sincerely shocked. Here's what I'm getting from you guys: anything sexual is okay as long as it's between two mutually consenting adults?

I find this bizarre. Let me give an example: even the mafia dons treated their wives differently than their many mistresses/prostitutes? And they treated their sons and daughters differently than the the children of outsiders?

But I don't think you guys can even see that so I think we're on two different planets on this one. We'll just have to agree to disagree...

#74     Jan 2, 2004
  5. Hasta....

#75     Jan 2, 2004
  6. Ofcourse we agree/disagree, my point is that; fine, if you want to raise your kids xyz, or you want to have 1 wive or 10, thats ok!

just let other people decide for themselves what they want to do, and as long as you are not subject to what they do (for example, whether I have 1 or 10 women is none of your concern, and for example, if someone is a rapist and wants to rape your wife it IS your concern), dont interfere :)

Tiki

#76     Jan 2, 2004
  7. You wouldn't mind if your own daughter was a hooker??????

#77     Jan 2, 2004
  8. Anybody Dutch has got to be all right. Dag! Hoe gaat het met jou? (Did I spell that right? If you say anything back, I won't be able to understand it...)

We see this so differently. I wouldn't want anyone I know to be a prostitute and I don't want to live next to it. If I could vote it out of my neighborhood, I would do it in a heartbeat. And I think communal living, divorce, etc. is bad for kids. I could go on and on, but I'd just end up aggravating everyone, so I'll keep my mouth shut and watch what happens to our country...

By the way, it's not fair. It's mid morning for you! It's the middle of the night for me: I stayed up late doing some backtesting. I have two strategies that are fantastic but give me no signals for two months straight and it's driving me crazy!

Hasta again...

#78     Jan 2, 2004
  9. Turok

Turok

>I stayed up late doing some backtesting.

In the same boat shoe...

Crunching like crazy and keep finding problems with my code. Oh well, that is what is it about in this game.

JB

#79     Jan 2, 2004
  10. see, that's exactly what i can't stand.

because of your crazy morals, which were thought up by a MAN, THOUSANDS OF YEARS AGO, you are willing to vote in a way which would impact others THAT DON'T HARM YOU AND DON'T AGREE WITH YOUR MORALS.

#80     Jan 2, 2004