marketsurfer's must read books

Discussion in 'Educational Resources' started by marketsurfer, Sep 2, 2003.

1. #31     Sep 2, 2003
  2. YES. # 13 Rules Bro!!!!!!!!!!!

#32     Sep 2, 2003
  3. #33     Sep 3, 2003
  4. SURFFFFFFFFF!!!!!! YOU FORGOT TO MENTION GANN'S BOOK!!!!!

The best book that started my trading career.

"HOW TO MAKE PROFITS IN COMMODITIES"

WILLIAM D. GANN

I would owe my success to W.D. GANN if he's alive.

Good Trade!!!!!!!

trend:D

#34     Sep 3, 2003
  5. zounds

zounds

You can read all the books or you can trade. You will learn through your mistakes or you will always have feet of clay. I read one book thirty years ago. In the library, there was only one book on technical analysis. I learned enough. I've made big mistakes, through greed, inattention and ego. I've made bigger scores, through my own art. Develop yours. Trading is a balance of self discipline and confidence, attention to the world, knowing or guessing what sides the experts are on. Sometimes back off and be lazy -- sometimes take a stand. The reason you're here is that the market, whatever market you trade, gives you promises every day. What else in this world does that for thirty years, which is as long as I've been at it?

Books are not going to do this thing for you. But it might give you something to blame.

#35     Sep 3, 2003
  6. Agree....but...

I think the books that surf recommends are books that are more leaned towards the universal aspects of what is necessary to become a good trader. The book that he recommends is not about Tech. Indicators or some how to books. I have read most of the books that he recommends in the past. These are actually interesting books that he's recommending.

Although.... I agree with most of your statement.

Good trade!!

#36     Sep 3, 2003
  7. zounds

zounds

Maybe the old goat will break down and read a little. Thanks.:D

#37     Sep 3, 2003
  8. zounds

zounds

Just hope it doesn't affect my performance.:(

#38     Sep 3, 2003
  9. These books won't affect your performance. It's definitely not a how to make $$$$$ books.

I hate those how to make $$$ books!!!!!

Good Trade!

#39     Sep 3, 2003
  10. zounds

zounds

Thanks. I like your attitude. Mine is, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
    Those books are probably written by people who missed a few markets that I was there for. Nevertheless, I will think on it. And I thank you kindly, just the same and for all that.:D

#40     Sep 3, 2003