Marketsurfer's bold gold proclamation

Discussion in 'Commodity Futures' started by marketsurfer, Apr 1, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tetuan01

tetuan01

That news is almost 2 days old now, and it didn't stop gold's momentum much at all. Congress would still have to approve the sale of that gold, and it is doubtful they would approve it since it is an election year.

#11     Apr 9, 2008
  2. the IMF in the past has made the same noise, but wouldn't implement reforms demanded by the US.

so the gold sales were vetoed..

but with the US broke, we will likely give in to something...

although it may be in the best interests for the planet to keep the corrupt IMF crippled

#12     Apr 9, 2008
  3. with all due respect SURF ... it will be hard to slam the PM complex lower with the USD still on the ropes and "peak oil"
    still a possibility

:cool:

#13     Apr 9, 2008
  4. Well, Surf was a tad early on his call, but overall it was a great short. Keep in mind, highly paid Karen Finerman of Fast Money fame has been long this piece of crap for quite a while.

#14     Apr 11, 2008
  5. SO Surf, ya think the USD is in for a bounce??
    83 is where it goes if yer prediction holds thusly

#15     Apr 11, 2008
  6. Surf, you're down 7% so far.

Where's your stop? I need to know when to get out of my long trade.

#16     Apr 16, 2008
  7. the devil is always in the details Surf.

regards
    f9

#17     Apr 16, 2008
  8. Daal

Daal

anybody following this guy on trade ideas in commodities is mental. his track record is abismal, I would not be surprised if he is a net loser shorting commodities

#18     Apr 16, 2008
  9. Quote
    marketsurfer

its a combination of factors. i don't want to go into the details, suffice to say, i am very confident in this happening.

surf

It's a good thing you have a salary job!
    Never quit!

#19     Apr 16, 2008
  10. I remember some shill writer in the WSJ saying gold couldn't possibly maintain price when it hit $500 an oz a few years ago. You've got to learn to ignore the noise from confused trend speculators. Look at the fundamentals - M3 velocity, oil/gold ratio. And yes, the Central Banks will always try to stall a rally by selling gold to prop up their paper. Nothing new, it just gives you longer to react.

#20     Apr 21, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.