Marketsurfer says short shake shack

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by marketsurfer, Apr 25, 2015.

1. romik

romik

Btw so is AMZN

#11     Apr 26, 2015
  2. Ditch

Ditch

roflmao. Absolutely hilarious. WTG, Surf.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2015
    #12     Apr 26, 2015
    marketsurfer likes this.
  3. I bet those reviews are from investors or employees. The burger was disgusting.

#13     Apr 26, 2015
  4. This will be a historic short. Massive downside.

#14     Apr 26, 2015
  5. Greenie

Greenie

Any review on MOS burgers?

#15     Apr 26, 2015
  6. Never heard of it, but thanks, ill check it out. I do like smashburger and burgerfi. Elevation burger is almost as bad as shake shack but shak has the all time worst food i have tasted.

#16     Apr 26, 2015
  7. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

By your logic, growing companies that are losing money are worthless, when this is often not the case. P/E is only a meaningful stat on an established, somewhat mature company. You seem to simply look for numbers that confirm your extreme bearish outlook on EVERYTHING in the world. Perhaps it is a deep depression, maybe consult a doctor.

At best, an extremely large P/E in this case indicates the need to do further research and exercise caution. I'd look at market share and revenue trends. SHAK might not be good value, but your short at $48 earlier this year got destroyed, which is a hint to you that your methodology ( if we can call it that ) is deeply flawed.

#17     Apr 26, 2015
  8. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

You seem to be mostly a promoter/sales type guy then anyone to be taken seriously. It is delusional for you to think that a personal visit to one location is meaningful at all, regardless of SHAK's merits.

#18     Apr 26, 2015
    TheDowJones likes this.
  9. Nine_Ender

Nine_Ender

Your promotion of your ideas is as per usual way overdone. What on earth is a "historic short" ? There are thousands of companies that will eventually go out of business; identifying one fairly new company that does so is not historic in the slightest.

#19     Apr 26, 2015
  10. hajimow

hajimow

valuation is based on the potential and not the current earnings. Just imagine that in 20 years when the population of earth 10 billion and everyone eats burgers and fries for breakfast and lunch and dinner and snack and late snack and Shake Shack has a branch everywhere and everyone is Shake Shacks customer. By the way the rumor is that Shake Shak will introduce its cellphone and tablet in 3 months :)

#20     Apr 26, 2015
    i960 and marketsurfer like this.