Marketsurfer says-- BOTTOM IN, time for longs!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marketsurfer, Mar 9, 2009.

1. EPrado

EPrado

It's funny how Surf rips on trend followers who have been short indices and cleaning up. Then makes a few anti-trend calls and gets his clock cleaned.

Stick to what you do best Surf.

By the way...what do you do the best ?

#31     Mar 9, 2009
  2. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

I think surf is probably right to a point. I don't think we are at "the bottom", but I think we are due for a pretty big bear market rally. I would not be surprised at all to see a 20 to 30% move up starting with in the next month or so.

Brandon
    disclaimer: I'm still one strong drugs. That point being made, I have started to buy some stuff.

#32     Mar 9, 2009
  3. TGregg

TGregg

Another market prediction without any evidence offered.

Yawn.

Wanna impress somebody with a brain? Offer justification, offer discussion. Otherwise, you are just calling the flip of my silver dollar. You'll be right on occasion, but so what.

#33     Mar 9, 2009
  4. Now we sit in the 6666 area, hmmmm.

5555 here we come!!!

:D

ps. cmon on Surf, this Baby is heading to below 4000 this year.

and so it has been foretold...

The Amazing Rennick out:cool:

#34     Mar 9, 2009
  5. I hope you're short and have a limit order to cover at 4000 if you're so confident. Assuming you actually trade with real money and that is your strategy, then I expect Rennick to be filing for Ch.11 shortly... 4000, what an absolutely ridiculous and stupid prediction.

#35     Mar 9, 2009
  6. Amazing. A guy at ET that calls himself "Marketsurfer" makes bold a call on a thread.

Did you state any reason besides you "think" or "feel" this time? Plus you were wrong with prior call. Did you manage to not get taken to the cleaners in the process? You speak of some guy named David Faber that I remember I watched years ago on CNBC. He has now become a glorified analyst from standard business news reporter? What makes you think he has anything to say that is tradeable? So now that we are down something like 14 out of the last 17 days on the Nasdaq and everyone and their Mom are saying this market is oversold. . .you can say definitively that within 15% (100/6550) that we will now rally?

Reminds me of this worthless speculation:

http://www.marketwatch.com/news/sto...x?guid={80474254-89F7-4859-80CC-9A9D807C28C8}

We will move off the bottom when large investors show up to the party. Watch for new leadership unlike the old to take the reins if the rally has any staying power. WAIT for BIG price jumps on BIG volume, unless of course you want to be like the many heroes that proliferate the investing world.

I'll give you one thing. Surf. You've been successful at creating dialogue!

:cool:

#36     Mar 9, 2009
  7. This jackass must be long. The things that made sense in the past no longer apply. There is little confidence in paper equities for many reasons and Pikers who believe in oversold bounces will be turned into road kill.

You sir, are the stupid-head.

Rennick out:cool:

ps. I have a gut feeling we will go lower than 2500 before the whole financial system becomes a single global entity.

#37     Mar 10, 2009
  8. stereo70

stereo70

You're still a bigger idiot. I think and feel that.

#38     Mar 10, 2009
  9. This is hysterical. :p

After all the critics rip Surf a new one for trying to predict the bottom, they turn on each other making this the biggest bitch-fest I've seen in a while (and that's saying something for ET!) :D

#39     Mar 10, 2009
  10. mindless entertainment at best

i don't think or feel it - i KNOW it,

:p

On a serious note: staying sane amidst the prolonged "irrational" market is success in it's own rights.

The BIG question (unless you scalp for a living): When is this market going to wash out?!?

fyi - classic Rennick post below!

#40     Mar 10, 2009