Marketsurfer says-- BOTTOM IN, time for longs!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by marketsurfer, Mar 9, 2009.

1. Why does trendfollowing work? Because there are always sheep (like the OP) trying to catch falling knifes thinking this time its a "classic historic bottom" (or a top for that matter).

#11     Mar 9, 2009
  2. What # bottom call is this of surf's? I've lost track. Perhaps surf could provide us w/the date and DJIA level of his other "bottom is in" calls.

#12     Mar 9, 2009

3. Sure, i called a DJIA bottom in the 7777 area. Im not ashamed of errors in calls. I can just do my best, and let you know when certain things line up pointing toward the bottom. ofcourse, im not psychic nor perfect--just a trader/analyst.

surf

#13     Mar 9, 2009
  4. how many"all-ins","bet the farm","no risk,no reward" trades do you have left?

Wow paper trading is fun!!!

#14     Mar 9, 2009
  5. If this is a "classic, historical bottom," then why the tight stop?

Historic bottoms need time and room.
    100 points is around 10 ES, which is not even 1/2 a daily average true range.

#15     Mar 9, 2009
  6. Very good argument.

Susana

#16     Mar 9, 2009
  7. do you have particular indicators that you favor to measure exhaustion?

#17     Mar 9, 2009
  8. EPrado

EPrado

Trader ? Now that's funny. A guy who sits up in the cheap seats and spews out calls taking no risk is not a trader.

Do you actually trade real money behind these calls? If not you are not a trader.

How is VN doin these days ? His personal account must be getting destroyed selling SP puts. Good thing he doesnt trade OPM anymore.

#18     Mar 9, 2009
  9. All of these bottom pickers have been wrong thus far. They're just playing a probabilities game, eventually they will be right, and they will point their fingers at you and laugh. Do a quick thread search to reinforce in your mind how wrong these tools have been for the past 2 years.

Marc Faber's analysis was taken out of context. Even the biggest bears are expecting an extensive bear-rally......followed by another massive decline taking us down to deeper lows. Don't put your trust in "false prophets".

#19     Mar 9, 2009
  10. Please post a screenshot of your real money position so we don't waste our time following this thread.

#20     Mar 9, 2009